Dinner, Tuesday April 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's sunny and warm here today (so unlike Cleveland weather), so we're going to play picnic and have natural casing weiners on the grill with today's homemade hot dog rolls, baked beans and fresh strawberries with a bit of sugar on them. DW is not usually home for dinner on Tuesday, but her schedule changed this week so we're cooking.

Well, lets see, after a week of my little guy suffering fever-syndrome AND getting a bad cough on top of that and then my daughter getting a sinus infection and being so kind as to bring home a HORRENDOUS stomach virus this week - we are doing good to get some saltines down - maybe plain pasta - no one has time or energy to cook, eat, or clean up! Looking forward to some better days!

I made coleslaw, baked beans and we're going to grill brats.

Its nice here tonight but rain and cooler weather is moving in later tonight.

:chef:buckeytom-I worked w/Paul Prudhomme when he invented blackening so I've always gotten a case of his blackening seasoning every year...best I can remember;1 T sweet paparika-1 T thyme(dried)-1 t greek oregeno(dried)-1 t cayenne pepper-1 t garlic powder-1 t onion powder-2 ts salt-1 1/2 ts blk pepper-1 t cumin and pinch(1/8 t) of allspice...hope my cobwebs are 'close'---gotgarlic's sounded good too.....
I met Chef last year. It was a highlight of my life for certain. He gave me a tip or two, mostly, I just wanted to be with him in his presence. I've reveered him for his talents all my life. I reminded him that a hundred years ago, he gave out on GMA his recipe for Cajun Spice. I make a batch every year, love that I got it from him off the telli all those years ago.
Now, what are cats biscuits? 'splain pleeease

:chef:buckeytom-I worked w/Paul Prudhomme when he invented blackening so I've always gotten a case of his blackening seasoning every year...best I can remember;1 T sweet paparika-1 T thyme(dried)-1 t greek oregeno(dried)-1 t cayenne pepper-1 t garlic powder-1 t onion powder-2 ts salt-1 1/2 ts blk pepper-1 t cumin and pinch(1/8 t) of allspice...hope my cobwebs are 'close'---gotgarlic's sounded good too.....

Mark, did you hear of Chef Prudhomme's experience at a golf course a couple of weeks ago? My Dad watches the golf channel all the time and told me that Chef was cooking at a fundraising tournament and had just set his cooking tent up on the practice green when he felt a jab on his arm. He shook his sleeve and out came a bullet!!!! Apparently he only got a small cut but it put a hole in his white jacket. In his wonderful style he kept on and cooked for about 3 hours and fed everyone there. Apparently the bullet was shot from 1 1/2 miles away and "dropped from the sky".

To keep on topic, I made lasagne tonight. Since DH isn't able to eat dairy or gluten, I made him a separate one with rice noodles and soy "cheese". I realized that the border and I would have a hard time polishing off a whole lasagna. So, I made two smaller ones and am taking the second one over to two dear friends who have not been well lately. They love my cooking and probably even more the fact that they don't have to. :)

Michelemarie, prayers and thoughts go to you and all your family for a speedy recovery.

I shouldn't post here til I'm cooking..... I changed my mind. Shocker.
I made a Cooking Light version of Pasta Primavera. I'm so glad I did!
It had fresh chopped basil added at the end, and I broke down to buy some (I usually refuse to do this because I'm cheap, all I can think is I can grow my own in the summer for about 3 cents)...
My house still smells of basil and its soo fresh and summery!! I can't WAIT any MORE!!!

thanks chef mark. very cool that the recipe is from your experience with a great one.

now, where am i gonna find cobwebs...;)

i never got around to making anything last night, so tonight i'm gonna make the flounder blackened, thanks to gg and chef mark :chef:, and i'm gonna stir fry the tenderloin cubes with baby bok choy, shiitakes, scallions, carrots, and celery in a lemongrass sauce.

I was left to my own devices....alone at home........

so what's a man to do?

img060-744537.jpg

Gorge on Carbs, Bacon, and Eggs....

I'm not proud folks.....really....

LEFSElover-Glad you got to meet Pauly-great guy-great chef...I learned a lot from him---'Cat-Head' biscuits refer to their size...some Southerner once commented long ago "These biscuits are as big as a cat's head!"-it stuck...traditionally you use a flat blk iron skillet and cook 5 biscuits-good ol' southern buttermilk ones...thanks and enjoy your day.

LPBier-TERRIFIC story!!! I can just see his face-I'll call Pauly-thank you kindly for the info-another chapter in a living legends life...

buckytom-hope you enjoy the flounder...at Commanders we used it on grilled chicken, shrimp and steaks when staff ate-good also...Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom