"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
Head Chef

It's sunny and warm here today (so unlike Cleveland weather), so we're going to play picnic and have natural casing weiners on the grill with today's homemade hot dog rolls, baked beans and fresh strawberries with a bit of sugar on them. DW is not usually home for dinner on Tuesday, but her schedule changed this week so we're cooking.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Well, lets see, after a week of my little guy suffering fever-syndrome AND getting a bad cough on top of that and then my daughter getting a sinus infection and being so kind as to bring home a HORRENDOUS stomach virus this week - we are doing good to get some saltines down - maybe plain pasta - no one has time or energy to cook, eat, or clean up! Looking forward to some better days!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #23
Head Chef

I made coleslaw, baked beans and we're going to grill brats.

Its nice here tonight but rain and cooler weather is moving in later tonight.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

dinner?

one of my faves, chicken livers, is the bill of fare today,if i am to lazy for that then will have chili dogs.

babe
Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mark View Post
buckeytom-I worked w/Paul Prudhomme when he invented blackening so I've always gotten a case of his blackening seasoning every year...best I can remember;1 T sweet paparika-1 T thyme(dried)-1 t greek oregeno(dried)-1 t cayenne pepper-1 t garlic powder-1 t onion powder-2 ts salt-1 1/2 ts blk pepper-1 t cumin and pinch(1/8 t) of allspice...hope my cobwebs are 'close'---gotgarlic's sounded good too.....
I met Chef last year. It was a highlight of my life for certain. He gave me a tip or two, mostly, I just wanted to be with him in his presence. I've reveered him for his talents all my life. I reminded him that a hundred years ago, he gave out on GMA his recipe for Cajun Spice. I make a batch every year, love that I got it from him off the telli all those years ago.
Now, what are cats biscuits? 'splain pleeease
Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
Looking forward to some better days!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{MicheleMarie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}ISYML
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #27
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
buckeytom-I worked w/Paul Prudhomme when he invented blackening so I've always gotten a case of his blackening seasoning every year...best I can remember;1 T sweet paparika-1 T thyme(dried)-1 t greek oregeno(dried)-1 t cayenne pepper-1 t garlic powder-1 t onion powder-2 ts salt-1 1/2 ts blk pepper-1 t cumin and pinch(1/8 t) of allspice...hope my cobwebs are 'close'---gotgarlic's sounded good too.....
Mark, did you hear of Chef Prudhomme's experience at a golf course a couple of weeks ago? My Dad watches the golf channel all the time and told me that Chef was cooking at a fundraising tournament and had just set his cooking tent up on the practice green when he felt a jab on his arm. He shook his sleeve and out came a bullet!!!! Apparently he only got a small cut but it put a hole in his white jacket. In his wonderful style he kept on and cooked for about 3 hours and fed everyone there. Apparently the bullet was shot from 1 1/2 miles away and "dropped from the sky".

To keep on topic, I made lasagne tonight. Since DH isn't able to eat dairy or gluten, I made him a separate one with rice noodles and soy "cheese". I realized that the border and I would have a hard time polishing off a whole lasagna. So, I made two smaller ones and am taking the second one over to two dear friends who have not been well lately. They love my cooking and probably even more the fact that they don't have to.

Michelemarie, prayers and thoughts go to you and all your family for a speedy recovery.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I shouldn't post here til I'm cooking..... I changed my mind. Shocker.
I made a Cooking Light version of Pasta Primavera. I'm so glad I did!
It had fresh chopped basil added at the end, and I broke down to buy some (I usually refuse to do this because I'm cheap, all I can think is I can grow my own in the summer for about 3 cents)...
My house still smells of basil and its soo fresh and summery!! I can't WAIT any MORE!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

thanks chef mark. very cool that the recipe is from your experience with a great one.

now, where am i gonna find cobwebs...

i never got around to making anything last night, so tonight i'm gonna make the flounder blackened, thanks to gg and chef mark , and i'm gonna stir fry the tenderloin cubes with baby bok choy, shiitakes, scallions, carrots, and celery in a lemongrass sauce.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #30
Cook

I was left to my own devices....alone at home........

so what's a man to do?

Gorge on Carbs, Bacon, and Eggs....

I'm not proud folks.....really....