Dinner, Tuesday Aug. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had Chinese for lunch so... we are skipping dinner. We'll have some fruit later if we get hungry.

i hit one out of the ballpark tonight. :chef:

i had some pieces of "on the bone" chicken, so i scoured a few cookbooks (lidia's "table", r.r.'s "30 - II, "a taste of thai", dunn's "roasting", and an irish cookbook), and remembering an old episode or two of jacques pepin, i came up with a variation of an irish/french chicken stew, utilizing sage, rosemary and thyme from my herb garden.

yes, i know it wasn't exactly stew weather, but a one pot, low flame stovetop meal seemed better than standing outside in 95 degree heat over a hot grill.

dw was very doubtful that our son (and she) would eat it, but it came out so good that there were no leftovers. my boy had 3 legs, and a load of spuds and veggies in the delicious pan gravy. buttered bread sopped up anything that was left.

Last edited:
sounds good BT

I kept it low key tonight and just made popcorn shrimp.
I picked up some fresh tilapia for tomorrow night, thats when Ill get to shine.

LEFSElover said:
trying to upload my pix for dinner tonight but it says it exceeds the size limit. anyone know what to do for this problem? TIA

Open the pix in an image editor and resize them. 640 pixels wide should be plenty big enough to show them off well :)

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom