Dinner, Tuesday August 5th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yum...corn fritters. Haven't had those in a long time. May have to whip some up tomorrow.

Not sure exactly as I am not cooking tonight. It is called 'cowboy stew' and is made with ground beef, celery, onion, baked beans and Bisquik mix. Also having mexi-corn on the side.

I'll let you all know how it turned out. :neutral:

Beer butt chicken without the beer. Used a can to prop it up and put a bunch of herbs and Frutisia in it. Gave it a good dry rub and popped in the oven. Oh yea added liquid smoke to the can too. Having stuffing and green beans to go with it. For later I have a brown loaf going that I will put in a round cake pan so I can make a bread bowl out of it and put a spinach dip in it.

I had a big plate of goulash for a late lunch..... finally decided on grilling a steak tonight and using up the rest of my mushrooms by sauteing with some onions and a little soy sauce. Some green beans, too.
But in the meantime, while I'm waiting for my steak to thaw.... :)

Oh, and of course cold beer :rolleyes:

Attachments

• appetizers.jpg
    appetizers.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 183
I must be crazy..it's 90 degrees and I just put a roast in the oven...

It'll be good though!

I spent too much time in front of the TV today watching the Food Network. Emeril got my taste buds working while watching him make Chef Dave's Polenta Casserole, so I got busy in the kitchen and here's the result:

Meat & veggies cooked down and put in a 9x13 pan. I had some zucchini left over, so I chopped it up and put in with the peppers.

img_659557_0_3f59a5a0aaab82a235f1afe59b31a696.jpg

Creamy polenta to die for.

img_659557_1_3698111b375dde05350c4580534b01df.jpg

Casserole put together with pats of butter and grated Parmesan on top just before going in the oven.

img_659557_2_cfd360625be0ee2f0938d61064d88041.jpg

Here it is after 30 minutes in the oven at 350.

img_659557_3_42a6ba465f4429a957ddd2137595dcba.jpg

And finally, mere moments before disappearing into my belly.

img_659557_4_eafef1ae3270f390ecab51c83750662b.jpg

If you like polenta, this is a dish that will keep you coming back for more. It says it serves 8, and I believe that it will. Very hearty and filling.

JoeV

Wow, that looks delicious, Joe!
Hmmm, Mentor, OH huh? I'll be over with a Tupperware in a couple hours :LOL:

We ended up ordering Chinese take out.... food was pretty good but I was dissapointed in the amount of waste. Bags of stuff in side of another bag, inside of another bag. Foam cups, plastic ware... if I had any idea, I just would have eaten there and spared the waste!

lol, i'm suddenly conscious about how much we cook and eat.

tonight, i didn't know that dw had started dinner upstairs (a turkey meatloaf and nuked spuds), so in the downstairs kitchen i made chicken thighs in a sort of rataouille from my garden's veggies - black fingerling and white eggplants, swiss chard, garlic, roma tomatoes, and basil.

we all just ate a little of everything. the outdoor cats got some chicken, and the birds got the thigh bones.

lol, i'm suddenly conscious about how much we cook and eat.

tonight, i didn't know that dw had started dinner upstairs (a turkey meatloaf and nuked spuds), so in the downstairs kitchen i made chicken thighs in a sort of rataouille from my garden's veggies - black fingerling and white eggplants, swiss chard, garlic, roma tomatoes, and basil.

we all just ate a little of everything. the outdoor cats got some chicken, and the birds got the thigh bones.

got some communication issues there BT??

got some communication issues there BT??

lol. no. not so long as a good wife does what she's told! :cool:

j/k -ish.. :angel:

in reality, dw was being nice and keeping things down upstairs so i could get some sleep in one of the downstairs bedrooms.
since i couldn't sleep anyway, i felt creative and decided to cook something quickly - a one pot dish, before i announced, with trumpets blaring, my awakening for the day.

Back
Top Bottom