Dinner Tuesday, Dec 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the comments. I try to cook extremely healthy for Alice especially. It's usually good enough for me to eat as well, although I like to feel flesh tear between my teeth at times. Alice is a poultry, fish and seafood and tofu kind of gal.

This meal is in three parts.

First cook the pasta-linguini on this case. I didn't have time to make fresh pasta so used dry from a box.

All the fresh vegetables are chosen for the different colors they offer and what's available either from our year round garden or fresh from the store. I keep my dried tomatoes in the freezer and still have some fresh tomatoes (although the supply is swindling), sweet bell peppers and fresh basil outside.

The vegetables are quickly stir fried and doused with white wine until almost dry. The basil and dried tomatoes are then added, mixed in and the pan is taken off the flame. A little salt and cayenne added as well.

Then the pasta is mixed back in with the vegetables. Very simple to do.

The shrimp are grilled outside (I wear a headlamp to see what's going on in the dark) and lightly glazed with pesto sauce.

Then it's all plated. My responsibility is to feed and nurture Alice when she gets home from work. She works very hard for us and it is always my pleasure to do so. What's interesting is that in the 29 years we have been together, I have cooked for her every day and she never asks what we are having. I try to guess what she may be in the mood for and am usually right on.

Shelly

Geez, that sounds so simple.
So you just stir fry in oil? No sauce or anything?
Man... I gotta get my wok off of the cabinets and see if it still works (lol).

Thanks

I use a pump up spritzer to spray some canola oil and did not use my 14" wok for this meal--just a 12" saute pan. Remember to spray only after the pan gets hot to prevent any sticking.

It is simple. I didn't want a sauce this time to preserve the colors of the vegetables but I have at times added some fresh red sauce to the dish. The white wine reduced down and created a natural sauce with the juice of the vegetables.

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom