Dinner Tuesday December 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What marinade did you use? I came away with 2 logs of pork tenderloin that didn't get used at Thanksgiving and I don't know what I will do with them...probably save it for a dinner at the new house...or not.

Beth, there are a couple of Weber brand marinade mixes we really like. For the pork tenderloin I used a white wine and herb marinade.

I also like a sesame ginger marinade.

¼ C Soy Sauce
2 Tb Dry Sherry
1 Tb Dark Sesame Oil
2 tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Garlic, grated

1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Chili Oil

Seems the daily dinner thread is losing its allure.
I can only speak for myself, but I think a lot of it is just related to the time of year.

During the warm seasons, I spend a lot more time preparing meals. My daughter is also home from college and gets very excited for home cooked dinners. So there's a little more gratification involved.

In the winter, I just simply don't cook as much. On the days I have to go into the office, it's often dark by the time I get home, and I just don't feel like cooking a big dinner. To compensate, I might make a big pot of stew or chili on the weekend and then we nibble away on that during the week. We also have a tendency to eat out more in the winter.

Then there's Thanksgiving. T-day, for our family anyway, means lots of leftovers to use up. And that is about all we've been eating for the last week, albeit in different guises.

So for me the reason is that there isn't always much to report. I could simply say "leftovers again" but I don't think anyone would find that interesting.

I can only speak for myself, but I think a lot of it is just related to the time of year.

During the warm seasons, I spend a lot more time preparing meals. My daughter is also home from college and gets very excited for home cooked dinners. So there's a little more gratification involved.

In the winter, I just simply don't cook as much. On the days I have to go into the office, it's often dark by the time I get home, and I just don't feel like cooking a big dinner. To compensate, I might make a big pot of stew or chili on the weekend and then we nibble away on that during the week. We also have a tendency to eat out more in the winter.

Then there's Thanksgiving. T-day, for our family anyway, means lots of leftovers to use up. And that is about all we've been eating for the last week, albeit in different guises.

So for me the reason is that there isn't always much to report. I could simply say "leftovers again" but I don't think anyone would find that interesting.

I think Andy was referring to the fact that over the last month or so, it's become later and later in the day before anyone even starts the thread.

A lot of people might be interested in Thanksgiving leftover recipes! You might have something different that someone else hasn't thought of.

We had a simple meal of veal scallopini with a splash of lemon, accompanied by baked potato gratin and a pepperonata.

The big adventure for me was a snack of baked kale chips, which I made before dinner. OMG they were heavenly....and I didn't believe anything kale would ever qualify for that descriptor!

Beth, there are a couple of Weber brand marinade mixes we really like. For the pork tenderloin I used a white wine and herb marinade.

I also like a sesame ginger marinade.

¼ C Soy Sauce
2 Tb Dry Sherry
1 Tb Dark Sesame Oil
2 tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Garlic, grated
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Chili Oil

Looks good, Thanks. I was looking for something different from my usual bulgogi marinade.

I think Andy was referring to the fact that over the last month or so, it's become later and later in the day before anyone even starts the thread....

Could be too that people don't start one when they look because they want to give someone different a chance. I know that's the reason I don't bother if I log in early in the afternoon and one hasn't been started, to let someone else have at it. Meanwhile, I'm always here very late at night/early into the "next day" before most North Americans check in. It's not so good for a sleep pattern when our dear European members start showing up and I haven't gone to bed yet! :ermm:

If you guys want, I could start the day's dinner thread somewhere around 1 or 2 AM. That way it's here to greet all your smiling faces when you first log in! I'm no Kylie and I don't plan my meals two weeks in advance, but I tend to shop once a week and know what will be planned for dinner the next 7 days after shopping. One caveat: anything I mention as that day's dinner before daybreak is subject to change. :LOL:

I think we are all just taking turns, too, but the thread reflects the forum IMO. The post count has gone down all the way around. Even when this thread is started in the AM it doesn't get as many replies.

Oh, and Harry hasn't been around. His pictures always garnered a lot of replies, so that might be affecting the length of this thread and how many people reply, too.

I think Andy was referring to the fact that over the last month or so, it's become later and later in the day before anyone even starts the thread.
I've had a change in schedule at work. I work late a few nights during the week, and on the weekends I usually play with my band. I'm only cooking dinner a couple of nights a week now. And that is usually late. :( The dinner thread is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom