Dinner Tuesday December 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Seems the daily dinner thread is losing its allure.

I'm marinating some pork tenderloin medallions to be pan fried for dinner. Asparagus and potato will accompany.

Taco Tuesday, a nice change from turkey. With the addition of homegrown cherry tomatoes.

I made up some extra burgers last night. I'm leaning towards loco moco. It's chilly and I need something with gravy.

On an Indian kick. Tonight was dahl, roast chicken, basmati, and onion bahji. First attempt at the bahji. Pretty good, but I have a long way to go...lol

Attachments

• DSC01985.jpg
    DSC01985.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 158
Where's Harry? I haven't seen a tagine in ages!

Tonight is beef stirfry. I'm just warming up before I get started. It's bloody freaking freezing out there today.

made some guacamole to eat with tortilla chips....stopped at Trader Joes yesterday and picked up 4 large avocados..this will probably be on the menu again soon.

We had leftovers and boiled-today-potatoes. Okay, there were four potato halves that were leftover. ;) And, rødkål is only sort of a leftover. Stirling had the pounded beef with juniper and I had meatloaf, and leftover "pounded beef gravy". Stirling doesn't like this meatloaf, not for flavour, but for texture. I ground some of "that cow" in the FP. It left biggish bits of gristle. Stirling really can't handle gristle. So, I won't be grinding any more of "that cow" (there's only two roasts left). I will use them for the Danish pounded beef and for chicken fried steak. So far, those are the only dishes that came out good using them. They are too lean, too tough, and don't have enough dissolvable connective tissue to be any good in stew. (I've tried.)

I'm marinating some pork tenderloin medallions to be pan fried for dinner. Asparagus and potato will accompany.

I think it's been a bit of a sad day for everyone Andy.

BBQ'd a couple of steaks with baked taters smothered n sour cream and chives. :yum:

This has been a very sad day.

But we had Kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce, of course! And we had baked sweet potatoes and corn on the cob.

Thank you, Kadesma, for such a wonderful recipe.

With love,
~Cat

DH made chef Salads, I added a perfectly ripe avocado to mine. It was a nice change from the turkey and "fixings" leftovers we have been alternating with the ham and "fixings" leftovers even though the salads had turkey and ham in them ;)

I am in another pain flare (it is a normal state and I have learned to take it in stride) but was ready for it with a pile of leftovers in the fridge. TB had the Thai shredded chicken I made in the crockpot a couple of nights ago as a sandwich for a late lunch and then farmer sausage with peas and potato for dinner.

I don't eat much during these spells so I had the rest of the leftover Chinese food. Though I did share some of the chow mien with Violet. :)

I think it's been a bit of a sad day for everyone Andy.

BBQ'd a couple of steaks with baked taters smothered n sour cream and chives. :yum:

Indeed it has. I must say Kadesma's pork chops with the onion sauce is a real keeper! Cat pulled it off very well.

Before we ate, we observed a moment of silence for Kadesma and her family.

And remember, no one is really gone as long as we remember them. Kadesma has left us her legacy; her love of family and people, and her love of great cooking, and her wonderful way of being just herself.

Sincerely,
MammaCat

...And remember, no one is really gone as long as we remember them. Kadesma has left us her legacy; her love of family and people, and her love of great cooking, and her wonderful way of being just herself.

Sincerely,
MammaCat

Well-said, MammaCat.

Too busy cleaning the sun room today (have to do it while the room is warmed by the sun because I don't want to turn the heat on in there unless we are entertaining) to worry about a fancy meal. Did bratwurst and sauerkraut in the crock pot, then made a bit of mashed potatoes to use as a bed for the kraut. Good comfort food.

I understand today's sadness, RJ but this has been a trend of late.

I think we all got used to Kylie from Down Under starting the dinner thread every day :)

I just had no inspiration yesterday and needed at least one additional ingredient for everything I thought about making, so we got takeout from our local Greek restaurant. I got Pegasus wings (marinated in their spice mixture, grilled and served with tzatziki) and DH had stuffed bell peppers with tomato sauce.

Last edited:

What marinade did you use? I came away with 2 logs of pork tenderloin that didn't get used at Thanksgiving and I don't know what I will do with them...probably save it for a dinner at the new house...or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom