Dinner Tuesday, Feb 12!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Snip.
I'm not really sure anything went well together, but it all got et! lol

Oh dinner was amazing! We started with some appetizers. Escargot of course, with cognac and wild mushroom sauce, some smoked salmon, caesar salad and wild mushroom soup.

Entrees were chateaubriand for Ken and Madeleine, and Kate had pork filet, I had pickerel with strawberry, beet and chardonnay sauce. Soooooo goooood! Each entree was accompanied by a couple of tiny fingerling potatoes, a lovely portion of steamed peapods, and some glazed carrots.

The palate cleanser was a champagne sorbet. It was extremely light and tasty.

The desserts were pecan flan with caramel sauce and the girls split some cheesecake.

Now that we are home we are going to have my favorite birthday cake made by the loving hands of Bugs (Kate). Then we will likely fall into a coma until tomorrow.

that's an awesome looking plate, alix! beet and chardonnay sauce sounds heavenly to me, too. i can't help but notice how much smaller food portions are these days of artistic plating, than when i was still dining out. still, GORGEOUS!! i'm green with envy....

that's an awesome looking plate, alix! beet and chardonnay sauce sounds heavenly to me, too. i can't help but notice how much smaller food portions are these days of artistic plating, than when i was still dining out. still, GORGEOUS!! i'm green with envy....

When you have 5 courses the portions NEED to be smaller. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner. I'd go there again in a minute...provided we win some money somewhere. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom