Dinner Tuesday, Feb 12!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always make pancakes, but this year decided to pass because wheatless, sugarless, eggless, potatoless pancakes just aren't that good. :sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But it is strange NOT having pancakes....hopefully next year! :)

Guess that would taste kinda bad :LOL:

Why can't you eat all of the above? Allergy, diet, health?

Guess that would taste kinda bad :LOL:

Why can't you eat all of the above? Allergy, diet, health?

Kind of all of the above! TB is wheat, gluten, soy, lactose intolerant, and I have been diagnosed with a candida allergy which means I have to stay away from yeast; sugar (all types, even fruit in any form); starches meaning potatoes, white rice; sugary vegetables such as corn, carrots and peas, and on and on. I am also off eggs for a year because I have an allergy to them along with too many other things to mention.

I did try to make some safe waffles for TB last year when he couldn't have eggs as well as the wheat, etc. but they were not that great. I would rather wait until both of us can eat the real thing! :)

Kind of all of the above! TB is wheat, gluten, soy, lactose intolerant, and I have been diagnosed with a candida allergy which means I have to stay away from yeast; sugar (all types, even fruit in any form); starches meaning potatoes, white rice; sugary vegetables such as corn, carrots and peas, and on and on. I am also off eggs for a year because I have an allergy to them along with too many other things to mention.

I did try to make some safe waffles for TB last year when he couldn't have eggs as well as the wheat, etc. but they were not that great. I would rather wait until both of us can eat the real thing! :)

Holy Spamoli :ohmy:
And here I've been hoping I never become allergic to shellfish like my father...
If I was allergic to all those items I'd starve :(

Holy Spamoli :ohmy:
And here I've been hoping I never become allergic to shellfish like my father...
If I was allergic to all those items I'd starve :(

It won't be forever. I just have to clear my system out of all the bad stuff and then bring things in slowly. I am actually having a bit of fun with it! Today I made burgers and instead of using egg as a binder, I used some salsa I wanted to use up - made them juicy and lots of flavour! :LOL:

I am also finding a lot of different salad blends that I like using great greens like kale, Brussel Sprouts (raw and shaved), etc. I love veggies so make soup, salads, raw veggies. And I can have all the poultry I want which is perfect for me.

:angel:

Not when you consider that when I stay on the diet my chronic pain levels are cut to below half normal, my depression and mood swings are non-existent, I am losing weight and generally am feeling better! :D

I didn't feel like cooking, so we ordered from Mr. Falafel. We had one beef and lamb shawarma platter and one with chicken. Had one "regular salad" with restaurant made dressing (not homemade :rolleyes:) and one taboule salad. It also came with roast potatoes, pickled peppers, and pickled turnip (love a bit of pickle turnip).

London broil, whole onions, broccoli, and a little rice, all cooked in canned tomatoes, with taco seasoning.

Alix, I hope your birthday dinner was spectacular!

Happy Birthday Alix! Enjoy your special dinner, don't forget dessert. Something gooey and chocolatey perhaps?

I'm going to fry some steaks in my cast iron skillet. Maybe some couscous and a nice salad. We are still working on some mighty fine coffee cake. We're having appetizers now, tatziki with some carrot and celery sticks.

Oh dinner was amazing! We started with some appetizers. Escargot of course, with cognac and wild mushroom sauce, some smoked salmon, caesar salad and wild mushroom soup.

Entrees were chateaubriand for Ken and Madeleine, and Kate had pork filet, I had pickerel with strawberry, beet and chardonnay sauce. Soooooo goooood! Each entree was accompanied by a couple of tiny fingerling potatoes, a lovely portion of steamed peapods, and some glazed carrots.

The palate cleanser was a champagne sorbet. It was extremely light and tasty.

The desserts were pecan flan with caramel sauce and the girls split some cheesecake.

Now that we are home we are going to have my favorite birthday cake made by the loving hands of Bugs (Kate). Then we will likely fall into a coma until tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20130212_192514.jpg
    20130212_192514.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 170
Visited Sonoma-Williams this weekend; they had Moroccan items on sale..
tagines, some spices, dishes...

So I decided to make a tagine, but with my good old dutch oven.
Chicken with homemade preserved lemon and green olive.. very good!
Marinated the chicken overnight in a paste of parsley, cilantro,
garlic, turmeric, ginger, saffron, cumin and salt.

Took a recipe card from S-W for an orange, fennel and black olive
salad, drizzled with balsamic vinegar... it was OK, but not worth
making again. Prettier looking than it tasted!

Attachments

• ChickenTagineFennelSaladFB.jpg
    ChickenTagineFennelSaladFB.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 153
sounds awesome alix!

i'm glad it was a birthday of food, fun, and family. what can be better than that?

I get it that but it does kinda suck :(
I have a list of foods as long as my arm that makes me sick too but I still eat them. I should really go on the colon diet that they gave me at the clinic again. It's pretty much the same thing. Cut out all the harmful foods and slowly introduce things back into your diet etc.

It worked wonders back then and I was the healthiest I've ever been. I even went off some of my meds. I went off it when we moved back to SA and now I'm sick again.

I think I'll follow your good example and be a good girl again :angel:

I think I'll follow your good example and be a good girl again :angel:

I'm not always good at it (succumbed to my MIL's mac and cheese yesterday) but there is strength in numbers and you and I both know we feel better when we follow it, so we'll make it! :) I'm here for you!

I'm not always good at it (succumbed to my MIL's mac and cheese yesterday) but there is strength in numbers and you and I both know we feel better when we follow it, so we'll make it! :) I'm here for you!

It is easier on the buddy system! You've convinced me. Going to buy some fresh veggies for phase one of the colon diet today. No time like the present!
It will be good not to feel sick all the time and my steamer needs a good dusting anyway :LOL:
We'll stop each other from surrendering to the evil that is "Mac 'n cheese" :LOL:
And in my case smoked pork :pig:

That looks lovely Alix, pleased to hear you had such a great night :)

Oh dinner was amazing! We started with some appetizers. Escargot of course, with cognac and wild mushroom sauce, some smoked salmon, caesar salad and wild mushroom soup.

Entrees were chateaubriand for Ken and Madeleine, and Kate had pork filet, I had pickerel with strawberry, beet and chardonnay sauce. Soooooo goooood! Each entree was accompanied by a couple of tiny fingerling potatoes, a lovely portion of steamed peapods, and some glazed carrots.

The palate cleanser was a champagne sorbet. It was extremely light and tasty.

The desserts were pecan flan with caramel sauce and the girls split some cheesecake.

Now that we are home we are going to have my favorite birthday cake made by the loving hands of Bugs (Kate). Then we will likely fall into a coma until tomorrow.

I had to use up some mushrooms and asparagus and either cook or freeze the sausage, so dinner was:

Attachments

• shrooms, sausage, asparagus.jpg
    shrooms, sausage, asparagus.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom