Dinner, Tuesday Feb. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brined pork loin chops, Chicken and asafoetida rice, onions and bell peppers fried in Chili oil.

yt, do you flavor the brine?

i just called home, and there's nothing for dinner so i'll be picking it up on the way home. i wanted sushi, but she thinks i'm nuts after just having tossed my cookies all day sunday and monday.
i started quoting teddy roosevelt, but i don't think she wants to hear it. :-p

i'm guessing takeout italiano.

Doing Indian food tonight. Curried shrimp with squash and peppers, Saffron basamati rice with sesame seeds, raita and nan. Will be serving with that drink whose name I can never remember...you know the yogurt and mango drink.

yt, do you flavor the brine?

often I do yes, but for tonights No, as the onion/peppers fried in Chili oil will be Plenty HOT, and the Rice plenty tasty, so it`ll need some Contrast, a sort of "Safe Item" to eat if one or the other gets too much.
makes a nice Balance :)

but yes, I do Flavor the brine quite often, and frequently use Beer instead of water ;)

Brined pork loin chops, Chicken and asafoetida rice, onions and bell peppers fried in Chili oil.

have no clue what asafoetida rice is, enlighten me please.:):)

i am having leftover over crockpot bbq chicken on a kasier roll. thats it, and no dessert . still trying to get blood sugar to come down. it is, slowly.

babe:huh::huh:

Last edited:
sweet! i'm in my own kitchen now & was away from it since november so i'm gonna cook dinner! horray!
tempura sounds like a plan to me.

just finished rosemary and garlic grilled "rack" lamb chops, peas n caramelized pearl onions, baked potato with balsamic vinegar s & p (really tastes great and is fat free and adds 5 calories to a plain spud which is then quite a good thing fer ya!

Totally "ugly" day here today. Truly a soup time. We're going to have turkey-vegetable-noodle soup that I put in the freezer about a month ago. We have a hankerin' for cornbread along with, so the cast-iron skillet is being fired up, literally, for that task. The bacon drippings are going to get real "happy" soon. Shoofly pie will be our dessert.

For my DH and I, we did sweet/sour/chipotle pulled pork, over yellow saffron rice and that green cauliflower with butter. I made a cake that dh thought was bread and I didn't tell him otherwise. It was spice extra moist, with 1 cup of mini marshmallows in it, sour cream, eggs, butter, and about 8 inch sized pieces of the peanut butter fudge which was all that was left. OML.................didn't think it'd turn out, way too much fat content and thought it would fall since I just made it up, but it didn't, was so moist, so tender and so good.

Made two quiches yesterday - ham, cheddar and asparagus and smoked trout, asparagus and cheddar. Had the ham one for dinner last night and the other for lunch today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom