Dinner Tuesday Feb 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Clean out the fridge night here. I'm working so I'll eat whatever is served at work. Or if its yucky I have my back up noodle bowl in the van. :cool:

I'm baking chix breast to sprinkle over a salad. I have to get back to eating with fewer calories or I'm going to be very unhappy. :pig:

Mr HB will have his chicken with a baked potato (butter & sour cream), corn and a little salad...and probably gravy. :( He's really getting fit and can handle the calories.

I am doing somethinng I hardly ever do and we are eating preprepared. Its a frozen artichoke pie, and with that I'll make whatever veg the fridge comes up with, probably courgettes, and fresh fruit afterwards.

We're having a simple weeknight meal: Spaghetti with Italian sausage.

Last edited by a moderator:
My din din tonight is my first recipe! Made it once two weeks ago and loved it.

Adzuki bean, quinoa and sweet potato....with peas, onion, cumin, cayenne pepper and fresh parsley! Really tasty...

Bourbon...Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Fresh Oysters..From the Gulf
Fresh Red Snapper...From the Gulf

Haven't decide how to prepare...but thats what it will be.

Edit..Think I will fry the oysters(appetizer)..run the snappper in the oven for a few..and top with an Improv Newburg sauce (sans tomato) with two hands full of crawfish thrown in served over the snapper..that'll work!!

Last edited:
Spaghetti with garlic and EVOO topped with chopped anchovies, parsley and parmesan, with a salad on the side.

Pasta, #10 vermicelli with a store bought sausage&pepper sauce (love this combo). Might go out though, then I'll probabaly hit Zabars with Sarah and dig up something exotic like rhino cutlets or some such......:pig:

Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon...Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Fresh Oysters..From the Gulf
Fresh Red Snapper...From the Gulf

Haven't decide how to prepare...but thats what it will be.

Uncle Bob - I'm drooling!! Enjoy.
:)

Several couples and the kids tonight so I'm making some tomato and avocado bruschetta, some figs roasted then wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled with balsamic, fried chicken, finished in the oven with white wine,garlic,rosemary and butter,pesto over linguine topped with chopped tomatoes,sliced fresh mushrooms,carrots,celery, all sliced thin, then topped with evoo,lemon juice,salt,pepper,and parmesan, escarole with garlic, cloverleaf rolls, and dessert is two berry mascarpone tarts...
kadesma:)

Hiya!

After a week in New Orleans, I'm eating hoodia, fruit and nuts....with a bit of greens thrown in for good measure. I figure if I keep this up for another 10 months:ohmy: I may be satisfied!

Besides, I'm cleaning the house like a madwoman...my parents are coming for a visit this weekend!

Rock on, Crewsk! I'm grilling pork as well but the temps aren't in my favor. Supposed to be 42 today but it stayed at 34. I can deal with that. I'm going for Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Pork over rice.

I am in the mood for ice cream and pizza so I will order out. I have the ice cream and it is Ralphs Moose Tracks with chocolate and vanilla and little bites of chocolate in it. It is fantastic.

We're having Goulash, Fresh Bread and Butter and a Garden Salad.

Oh and white cake with vanilla frosting + sprinkles because the little one spotted it on the way down the baking isle for chili powder for tomorrows chili. I can never make it down that isle without some kind of cake :LOL: . I actually was thinking on making one from scratch when he asked me if we could make one but the hometown store didn't carry cake flour so I'll pick some up in the next city on our next shopping trip.

Back
Top Bottom