Dinner, Tuesday Feb. 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, seeing as it is Pancake Tuesday, I am doing pancakes, sausages and hashbrowns. I am excited to have breakfast for dinner!

I might do potato pancakes, if I have enough potatoes.

cheese and bacon crispy pancakes, with fresh broccoli and chili/coriander rice and cheese/parsley sauce over the Broc.

i have a 6 1/2 lb. leg of lamb that was rubbed with evoo and s&p, and i inserted little rosemary branches into slits in the meat. i'm hoping to get home early enough to get it into the oven with some fennel, onions, red peppers and potatoes for tonight's dinner.

Bucky, that sounds great!!!

We're having chicken veggie soup. Paul's will have noodles, mine won't.
Garlic toast for Paulie too.

mmmm...pancakes!

No pancakes here, we had them on Sunday morning!

Tonight I made the boy a really fabulous dinner, Spicy Rubbed Chicken Breasts with Lemon-Shallot Sauce served on a bed of brown herbed rice with steamed broccoli. It came out so fabulous!!

I had the rest of the white wine I used in his sauce while I cooked for him (pinot grigio) , then I made my dinner...hippy food! Scrambled Spicy Tofu with Veggies!!!!

No cookin' here tonight. Buck and I are going to our favorite New Orleans-style restaurant to celebrate Mardi Gras. There'll be lots of wild and crazy decorations, the restaurant staff will be dressed in wild costumes and we'll enjoy plenty of good live music. It won't hurt, either, that Tuesday is the "all you can eat" crab night. Buck and I LOVE crabs and we will do some serious damage to those tasty crustaceans. Wahoo! Can't wait for the clock to strike 6 so we can get in the car!!! We'll come home filled with good food and loaded with colored beads.

dh got so excited when I told him Tuesday was pancake day. He assumed we were having pancakes for breakfast, the usual whole grain pancakes. But when I told him we were having pancakes for supper, and that I was making up a recipe for mashed potato pancakes, he started to get concerned. He does not do change very well, he wants the whole grain pancakes.

So we're having mashed potato pancakes with the left over brauts. Maybe a side of sweet potatoes if we need more food.

i have a 6 1/2 lb. leg of lamb that was rubbed with evoo and s&p, and i inserted little rosemary branches into slits in the meat. i'm hoping to get home early enough to get it into the oven with some fennel, onions, red peppers and potatoes for tonight's dinner.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BuckyTom}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Okay, I'm not above total bribery...or $u(k!nG up!
{that dollar sign represents an S by the way, it's looks nasty tho}:(

I'm not cookin BarbL............
But I'm eatin.
It'll be Ruby Tuesday giant green salad bar for dinner...............
BarbL..........check your PM

Kids are coming so it's 2 of the tupperware biggest bowls filed with cracked crab, a large oven proof dish filled with shrimp that have butter,garlic,parsley ,white wine and tons of pepper and several dashes of Worcestershire, lots of warm Italian bread, for sopping up the wine butter sauce, orzo with onions,mushrooms,garlic,butter and chicken broth, green salad...didn't get a chance to do my pear bread today so,it's some baked custard for dessert.
kadesma;)

Gee I didn't get the memo on pancake day. Dug up a blast from the past from my inexperienced cooking days. Making an easy pork chop and applesauce bake with mashed potatoes, peas and brown bread (straight from the B&M can)

Since I can't go to Kades for dinner, we are having Leftovers, dh is having a meatloaf panini with alpine lace swiss cheese me bbqued chicken with salad for each. Desert - dh bought each a Paczki - :clap:

Last edited:
Since I can't go to Kades for dinner, we are having Leftovers, dh is having a meatloaf panini with alpine lace swiss cheese me bbqued chicken with salad for each. Desert - dh bought each a Paczki - :clap:
Well shoot, I was running around setting extra places at the table too!!!
Maybe next time:LOL:

kades

making a salad to start... some mixed greens, pears, goat cheese w/ some vinagarette dressing...

then ive got some whole wheat pasta i need to use up. maybe toss the pasta with some chunks of chicken thigh meat, and top with a zuchini sauce

I made sweet potato "burgers" with bacon and sharp cheddar, using Ol-blue's "QUICK AND EASY FRIED POTATOES" recipe.

Fat Tuesday vittles

Shrimp, yaller squash and baby eggplant

img_545034_0_7c5dd4fc14328e9a2bf1a6b7684c9bef.jpg

with some steamed asparagus

img_545034_1_ffbe7e6a1167cbb586bb70e399f8760c.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom