Dinner - Tuesday, July 25th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I'm in the mood for a burger so we're going to have burgers on the grill, skillet beans (baked beans) and grilled veggies.

Sunday we bought a new electric grill, also at the same time we found a case of FRESH porcini at 6,90€ / kilo, a rare opportunity we couldn't possibly pass!! So we are going to play around with our new kitchen "toy" grilling our porcini, along with bell peppers and other vegetables, also some scamorza... yey, can't wait, but oh, we have to go to the gym first...

I'm on my way to the store... Paul works late tonight and then has a meeting with his business partner so dinner will have to be something fast and easy.

I'm thinking of either French dips with Swiss cheese or
BLTOs ..

mexican

Tired could not get our house guest to go to bed last night. I finally
just said it is time for bed then it took a bit to get to sleep then up
very early. Swim team.

So my eyes are very droopy right now.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: hubby is going to cook tonight,
mexican chicken casserole.

we're having cheese enchilladas, tomatoe salad, rice, and for dessert some sliced white peaches and ginger cookies.

kadesma:)

Making stuffed boneless center cut pork chops, and not sure what else on the side.

Some kind of spicy stir-fried tofu with sticky rice and sauteed pea pods. Chilled Gewurztraminer and lots of it!

I've never seen so many one liners on one page:ROFLMAO:

in the crock pot went 2 hamburger patties that were already seasoned and cooked, 2 frozen hamburger patties uncooked/unseasoned, a pound of ground pork and 1/2 container chicken liver pate (that contained hard boiled eggs as well as many other ingredients) < from the freezer that I'd saved from Easter on home made Easter bread courtesy of Martha Stewarts web site. It was fantastic as an appetizer (the bread, homemade mayo, not like you've ever even imagined before in your life*hint, 'it' contains hard boiled eggs too!). Okay, all is crumbled and stirred together, with my own (from the garden) pesto sauce, white wine, parm cheese, a jalapeno pepper cut up, porcini mushrooms, dried garlic slices, Paula Deen's house seasoning, fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper. When the time is up, that mixture will be blended with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and more parm cheese, then stuffed in hugo conk shaped pasta shells. In the pantry, I had jarred tomato sauce from the garden, and it'll go over the stuffed shells. then baked with more cheese a top.

lettuce with thinly sliced backyard tomatoes and basil with a viniagarette. garlic bread and bittersweet choco chip cookies that are almost ready for the oven.

it's so hot that heating up this oven is sooooooooo stupid, but hubby's craving cookies, so...............:dry:

LEFSElover said:
in the crock pot went 2 hamburger patties that were already seasoned and cooked, 2 frozen hamburger patties uncooked/unseasoned, a pound of ground pork and 1/2 container chicken liver pate (that contained hard boiled eggs as well as many other ingredients) < from the freezer that I'd saved from Easter on home made Easter bread courtesy of Martha Stewarts web site. It was fantastic as an appetizer (the bread, homemade mayo, not like you've ever even imagined before in your life*hint, 'it' contains hard boiled eggs too!). Okay, all is crumbled and stirred together, with my own (from the garden) pesto sauce, white wine, parm cheese, a jalapeno pepper cut up, porcini mushrooms, dried garlic slices, Paula Deen's house seasoning, fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper. When the time is up, that mixture will be blended with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and more parm cheese, then stuffed in hugo conk shaped pasta shells. In the pantry, I had jarred tomato sauce from the garden, and it'll go over the stuffed shells. then baked with more cheese a top.

That's quite a concoction! It reminds me of a dish prepared by my college roommate's girlfriend's mother. She used to keep a large plastic bag in her refrigerator, into which went every leftover from every meal. About once a month she would transfer the collection to a big pot, add water and some seasonings, and make what she called "garbage soup." Oddly, she and her daughter enjoyed it.

Last edited:
HH and daughter are going to concoct a BBQ pizza using leftover BBQ pork and chicken on a pre-made crust with meat, BBQ sauce, and I don't know what else.

Shudder.

BBQ pizza is not on my list of Good Things. Guess I'll have a salad.

mudbug said:
HH and daughter are going to concoct a BBQ pizza using leftover BBQ pork and chicken on a pre-made crust with meat, BBQ sauce, and I don't know what else.

Shudder.

BBQ pizza is not on my list of Good Things. Guess I'll have a salad.

I'll pass on the BBQ Pizza too.

Spaghetti here.

Mud, Bang, don't knock BBQ Pizza until you try it. A little BBQ sauce, some chicken, the cheese, a little cilantro, YUMMY! But then, I'm from OK, and I love BBQ on just about everything.

Allen, believe me, I've tried. Just can't get my taste buds around it. I love BBQ, but IMO it doesn''t belong on pizza. My darlin' Memphis friends (and HH) are just wrong about this one.

FryBoy said:
That's quite a concoction! It reminds me of a dish prepared by my college roommate's girlfriend's mother. She used to keep a large plastic bag in her refrigerator, into which went every leftover from every meal. About once a month she would transfer the collection to a big pot, add water and some seasonings, and make what she called "garbage soup." Oddly, she and her daughter enjoyed it.

Hmmm...which concoction would that be?

Your post seemed to be a general reply to the thread. If you want to reply to a particular post, use either of the buttons in the lower right-hand corner within that post itself.

Back
Top Bottom