"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Being all of us love tuscan melons, I'm trying a tuscan melon soup, along with that we will have some fried fish sandwiches with a spicy tartare sauce..I did the fried fish very early this morning and won't have to use the stove this evening..I plan to put the fish on some sliced and buttered, toasted french rolls, then add lettuce,and sliced onion..Plan to make the sauce with shallots,garlic,mustard,lemon juice and a little malt vinegar, blend them and then add some mayo, then add a few capers some chile powder and a couple of chopped gherkins and some sweet chile paste mix this all up and spread on the toasted rolls..I coated the fish with flour,chile powder,thyme,basil,and pan fried in evoo.. So we shall see what everyone thinks of this Dessert,I had some puff pastry that I baked in a tart pan..I just mixed some mascarpone with sugar,OJ concentrate and orange zest creamed it then spread it in the tart shell and will top that with sliced fresh strawberris and pass some sweetened whipped cream..

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
I am having Chef Caine's chicken cacciatore (Yes, Chef Caine's chicken cacciatore IS different from anyone else's chicken cacciatore. I use YELLOW plum tomatoes in mine), whole kernel corn, hot buttered carrots, and a diet Pepsi ( I prefer Coke, but Pepsi was on sale at Wallgreen's).

Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
Executive Chef
I want to see how my new enameled Dutch Oven handles a load of Beef Stroganoff, so that's for dinner. Of course, I need to polish off the last of the Bing Cherry Crisp I made last night, so I can clean out the Dutch Oven.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
Head Chef
Penne pasta in tuna and cilantro cream sauce with rocket lettuce and fresh tomato stirred in afterwards. Sliced apples for salad.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
Head Chef
Chicken Diavlo, Broccoli and Pasta Side.

Chicken is cut into strips and floured and than placed in pan that already has (melted butter, oregano, fennel seeds, and crushed red pepper). Fill pan up with red or white wine and cook until chicken is finished. Pour in small amount of tomatoe sauce toward end. YUMBO JUMBO.
My Blog
legend_018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
Master Chef
cut of pizza with ricotta. hungry after dinner.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #17
Head Chef
Too hot to cook.

Cherry Blintzes
Blueberry Blintzes
Sour Cream
Potato Pancake
Ice Cream

*amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
Master Chef
Last night we had good old sauteed Hot Italian turkey sausages, spaghetti, & a salad.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote