Dinner Tuesday March 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LEFSElover: Re bedspreads ...
That's why I make my own now.

Dinner is leftover Tequila Lime Chicken & spanish rice for DH, and leftover bbq sammiches for me and the little one.

I made lots of tasty food on Saturday evening for a family gathering. I made paella with rabbit and chorizo, spanish meatballs from ground turkey and bacon with a lovely gravy, garlicky shrimp, roasted potatoes, and peas with mushrooms. I even made a killer cream cheese flan. There is enough left over to feed 4 people! I'm one....any three of you want some, too??

got the makings for bangers and colcannon so that's what it might be ... got a parsnip might be going in the spuds too, (but don't tell cause then it won't be authentic.)

I'm doing the pork chop thing tonight too- pork shops with brown sugar glaze,sweet potato fries an tossed salad.That's about all the energy I have to make for dinner.Love and energy, Vicki

Flourgirl said:
I haven't cooked dinner for the last 3 days, been feeling under the weather. So today I will make something nice. Especially since DH is a land surveyor and is working outside all day today in a -15 degree wind chill.

Wild mushroom and barley risotto made with chantrelles, procini and crimini mushrooms with shaved parmesan on top, a slow-roasted eye-round done with red wine, tomatoes, carrots, onion and marjoram with crusty bread and pumpkin pie for dessert. Hope he's hungry.

If he isn't, I am for your dinner, Flourgirl! Sounds especially nice for a poor guy who was out in the weather all day (like HH used to do in his early surevying days). What a nice DW you are!

VeraBlue said:
I made lots of tasty food on Saturday evening for a family gathering. I made paella with rabbit and chorizo, spanish meatballs from ground turkey and bacon with a lovely gravy, garlicky shrimp, roasted potatoes, and peas with mushrooms. I even made a killer cream cheese flan. There is enough left over to feed 4 people! I'm one....any three of you want some, too??

Miss Blue

...I would love to dine with you this evening! Regrettablely, I will have to decline your kind offer...due to being under-the weather! In the future I pray that you will extend the offer again!

Uncle Bob said:
Eating light tonight. Bad Tummy.
No Bourbon!!:(

A bowl of bouillabaisse however...and a few bites of bread.

I hope you're feeling better soon Uncle Bob!

Hubby took TC fishing tonight so I'm finishing my chow mei fun from earlier & Savannah asked for egg drop soup.

Had, running to do birthday party on sat..so needed to get things for a sea food salad, and several appies..so we are going to have bbq ribs, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and some fruits for a salad..If I remember sour dough rolls and butter..No dessert, no time:LOL:

kadesma

VeraBlue said:
I want pork chops and sweet potato fries;).
That's what I want too :-p
but I'm trying to get in shape - my friend wants us to do a triathlon within the next year :shock: (I think I can do the swimming and the biking but I hate running)

Tonight it is soup (carrots, brown rice, green beens, a little bit of beef, tomatoes, celery) and NO crackers. :ermm:
(I'm only allowed to cheat on the weekends - and NO poutine until April :wacko:)

kitchenelf said:
That's just not right!!!!! We'll have to change your name! :LOL:
I know! :cry:
I will have to become Brown Rice Eater - not a good ring to it. :ermm:

kitchenelf said:
Spaghetti with pork and veal meatballs and a salad - simple and good!
But I can have a dinner similar to yours tomorrow night :)- whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, 3 meatballs and a salad with balsamic vinegar (no garlic bread). I never realized how much bread I ate until I was not supposed to eat any. :(

Last edited:
Poutine said:
I know!
I will have to become Brown Rice Eater - not a good ring to it.

But I can have a dinner similar to yours tomorrow night - whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, 3 meatballs and a salad with balsamic vinegar (no garlic bread). I never realized how much bread I ate until I was not supposed to eat any.

I think we should have a renaming contest.:) I'm voting for "the poutinator":LOL: or just plain, "antipoutinator"....:LOL: .........

I'm with you about trying to get fit and stay in shape. It truly is all about what you put into your mouth and how much you use your body to your advantage. I'm doing both and it's paying off.................but................just you wait, as soon as I hit a certain number in my mental mind, I will be going to Jamie Kennedy's Wine Bar in Toronto where I'll sit at the bar and ask Steve to make me a "double" order of his [JK's] incredible poutine:wacko: ......................:ROFLMAO:

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Blue

...I would love to dine with you this evening! Regrettablely, I will have to decline your kind offer...due to being under-the weather! In the future I pray that you will extend the offer again!

If you can assure me, sir, that you will speak the way you write, all evening, I would extend the invitation to you each and every evening.

I do so hope you are feeling better this day.

Back
Top Bottom