"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 5,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Dinner Tuesday March 6th

We are having leftover pork and chicken that I will make into BBQ sandwiches, w/bacon and provolone cheese,cole slaw and fries.

__________________

__________________
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Cook
 
Flourgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Posts: 366
I haven't cooked dinner for the last 3 days, been feeling under the weather. So today I will make something nice. Especially since DH is a land surveyor and is working outside all day today in a -15 degree wind chill.

Wild mushroom and barley risotto made with chantrelles, procini and crimini mushrooms with shaved parmesan on top, a slow-roasted eye-round done with red wine, tomatoes, carrots, onion and marjoram with crusty bread and pumpkin pie for dessert. Hope he's hungry.
__________________

__________________
Finally reached my goal weight- 120 lbs- & never going back!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
Master Chef
 
SizzlininIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Indiana
Posts: 5,023
I have some pork chops thawing so I'll season them and coat them in Italian Bread crumbs and make a batch of sage dressing to use up the extra bread I bought yesterday and I think it'll be buttered corn too. Oh and I was watching the cooking station this weekend and I saw a dessert being made in a cast iron skillet so got me thinking and I thought I bet that would work when making an apple pie so thats what I'm going to try today for dessert. I think by cooking it in the skillet and tucking the top crust under it'll give it a really rustic look. Besides I still haven't mastered how to make those fluted edges so this will cover up my downfall when it comes to pies.
__________________
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Executive Chef
 
LEFSElover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...lala land..............
Posts: 3,669
so much to do today. just finished planting the flowers in our clay pots outside on the front porch. we lost almost all of our vegetation during all the freezes we experienced. bought a bed set last night for a spare room. new one doesn't fit, too small, the comforter doesn't even cover the entire surface of the top of the bed. isn't it supposed to have a good amount of hangover? Uff da... WHY ON EARTH ARE BEDSPREADS NOT MADE ANY LONGER? now, all you can get for your bed is a comforter and bed floor ruffle skirt thingie. I'll go to Penney's and see what they have. dh is still under the weather, probably won't go to work today either plus barely ate last night. it's gonna be a "dump frig/freezer" day. I was wrong, he did go to work, not feeling like it, but probably his desk is stacking up.

Before I consider cooking yet again, for a sick person [that has no interest in eating] his mood and ailments will be the dictator.
__________________
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Head Chef
 
lulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: England
Posts: 2,039
We have some turkey that needs something doing to it and I am feeling like Chinese. I might see what I can do with it. Feeling rather uninspired though. Maybe I'll just put strips in a stirfry, but I would like to have had more fun than that with it.

EDITED TO ADD; I have done a sweet and sour in the end. Not so exciting as I had hoped but DH is very pleased! Also, I seriously over estimated how much to cook. We could feed an army tonight!
__________________
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Corey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
We are having leftover pork and chicken that I will make into BBQ sandwiches, w/bacon and cheese, cole slaw and fries.


Good!!

What time is dinner? I'm coming over. Haha!!

I think I'll make some beef stew today if I got all the ingredients.
__________________
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
so much to do today. just finished planting the flowers in our clay pots outside on the front porch. we lost almost all of our vegetation during all the freezes we experienced. bought a bed set last night for a spare room. new one doesn't fit, too small, the comforter doesn't even cover the entire surface of the top of the bed. isn't it supposed to have a good amount of hangover? Uff da... WHY ON EARTH ARE BEDSPREADS NOT MADE ANY LONGER? now, all you can get for your bed is a comforter and bed floor ruffle skirt thingie. I'll go to Penney's and see what they have. dh is still under the weather, probably won't go to work today either plus barely ate last night. it's gonna be a "dump frig/freezer" day. I was wrong, he did go to work, not feeling like it, but probably his desk is stacking up.

Before I consider cooking yet again, for a sick person [that has no interest in eating] his mood and ailments will be the dictator.
I feel the same way about bedspreads. When I moved to this house nearly 4 years ago, I had mine made!! My daughter is currently looking for one for her bed - I told her good luck, she may have to bite the bullet and have one made as well.
__________________
Barbara
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 415
Must be pork season! last night I cooked a pork tenderloin. Seared it in my cast iron for a few minutes. Put it on a platter - in cast iron pan I sauteed shallots, onions, mushrooms, cranberries - added white wine, chicken broth & a little honey and cooked down a little. Put the tenderloin back in the pan and stuck the pan in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. Served over brown rice & had brussel sprouts with it.
__________________
Barbara
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 5,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
Good!!

What time is dinner? I'm coming over. Haha!!

I think I'll make some beef stew today if I got all the ingredients.
Dinner will be ready anytime you get here ! Love dinners like this !
__________________
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #10
Executive Chef
 
LEFSElover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...lala land..............
Posts: 3,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
I feel the same way about bedspreads. When I moved to this house nearly 4 years ago, I had mine made!! My daughter is currently looking for one for her bed - I told her good luck, she may have to bite the bullet and have one made as well.
Hi Barb

You know that is sooo correct. My MIL told me many many years ago, that she had ordered having a King bedspread made. I thought she'd lost her mind but nicely agreed with her regarding what she was telling me. Guess what? She had had it made, took weeks but she finally got it. Elderly now, my husband and I have been awarded said bedspread years ago. Colors aren't right and it's been chucked. I am going to look online for a bedspread and see if they're even available. Like I say, with the comforter not even fitting the whole top of the bed, how do you cover the mattress and sheets etc? Uff da...
__________________

__________________
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.