Dinner Tuesday March 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
We are having leftover pork and chicken that I will make into BBQ sandwiches, w/bacon and provolone cheese,cole slaw and fries.

Last edited:
I haven't cooked dinner for the last 3 days, been feeling under the weather. So today I will make something nice. Especially since DH is a land surveyor and is working outside all day today in a -15 degree wind chill.

Wild mushroom and barley risotto made with chantrelles, procini and crimini mushrooms with shaved parmesan on top, a slow-roasted eye-round done with red wine, tomatoes, carrots, onion and marjoram with crusty bread and pumpkin pie for dessert. Hope he's hungry.

I have some pork chops thawing so I'll season them and coat them in Italian Bread crumbs and make a batch of sage dressing to use up the extra bread I bought yesterday and I think it'll be buttered corn too. Oh and I was watching the cooking station this weekend and I saw a dessert being made in a cast iron skillet so got me thinking and I thought I bet that would work when making an apple pie so thats what I'm going to try today for dessert. I think by cooking it in the skillet and tucking the top crust under it'll give it a really rustic look. Besides I still haven't mastered how to make those fluted edges so this will cover up my downfall when it comes to pies.

so much to do today. just finished planting the flowers in our clay pots outside on the front porch. we lost almost all of our vegetation during all the freezes we experienced. bought a bed set last night for a spare room. new one doesn't fit, too small, the comforter doesn't even cover the entire surface of the top of the bed. isn't it supposed to have a good amount of hangover? Uff da... WHY ON EARTH ARE BEDSPREADS NOT MADE ANY LONGER? now, all you can get for your bed is a comforter and bed floor ruffle skirt thingie. I'll go to Penney's and see what they have. dh is still under the weather, probably won't go to work today either plus barely ate last night. it's gonna be a "dump frig/freezer" day. I was wrong, he did go to work, not feeling like it, but probably his desk is stacking up.

Before I consider cooking yet again, for a sick person [that has no interest in eating] his mood and ailments will be the dictator.

Last edited:
We have some turkey that needs something doing to it and I am feeling like Chinese. I might see what I can do with it. Feeling rather uninspired though. Maybe I'll just put strips in a stirfry, but I would like to have had more fun than that with it.

EDITED TO ADD; I have done a sweet and sour in the end. Not so exciting as I had hoped but DH is very pleased! Also, I seriously over estimated how much to cook. We could feed an army tonight!

Last edited:
Barb L. said:
We are having leftover pork and chicken that I will make into BBQ sandwiches, w/bacon and cheese, cole slaw and fries.

Good!!

What time is dinner? I'm coming over. Haha!!

I think I'll make some beef stew today if I got all the ingredients.

Last edited:
LEFSElover said:
so much to do today. just finished planting the flowers in our clay pots outside on the front porch. we lost almost all of our vegetation during all the freezes we experienced. bought a bed set last night for a spare room. new one doesn't fit, too small, the comforter doesn't even cover the entire surface of the top of the bed. isn't it supposed to have a good amount of hangover? Uff da... WHY ON EARTH ARE BEDSPREADS NOT MADE ANY LONGER? now, all you can get for your bed is a comforter and bed floor ruffle skirt thingie. I'll go to Penney's and see what they have. dh is still under the weather, probably won't go to work today either plus barely ate last night. it's gonna be a "dump frig/freezer" day. I was wrong, he did go to work, not feeling like it, but probably his desk is stacking up.

Before I consider cooking yet again, for a sick person [that has no interest in eating] his mood and ailments will be the dictator.

I feel the same way about bedspreads. When I moved to this house nearly 4 years ago, I had mine made!! My daughter is currently looking for one for her bed - I told her good luck, she may have to bite the bullet and have one made as well.

Must be pork season! last night I cooked a pork tenderloin. Seared it in my cast iron for a few minutes. Put it on a platter - in cast iron pan I sauteed shallots, onions, mushrooms, cranberries - added white wine, chicken broth & a little honey and cooked down a little. Put the tenderloin back in the pan and stuck the pan in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. Served over brown rice & had brussel sprouts with it.

Corey123 said:
Good!!

What time is dinner? I'm coming over. Haha!!

I think I'll make some beef stew today if I got all the ingredients.

Dinner will be ready anytime you get here ! Love dinners like this !

Barbara said:
I feel the same way about bedspreads. When I moved to this house nearly 4 years ago, I had mine made!! My daughter is currently looking for one for her bed - I told her good luck, she may have to bite the bullet and have one made as well.

Hi Barb

You know that is sooo correct. My MIL told me many many years ago, that she had ordered having a King bedspread made. I thought she'd lost her mind but nicely agreed with her regarding what she was telling me. Guess what? She had had it made, took weeks but she finally got it. Elderly now, my husband and I have been awarded said bedspread years ago. Colors aren't right and it's been chucked. I am going to look online for a bedspread and see if they're even available. Like I say, with the comforter not even fitting the whole top of the bed, how do you cover the mattress and sheets etc? Uff da...

Like I say, with the comforter not even fitting the whole top of the bed, how do you cover the mattress and sheets etc?

Good luck on line - the trick is probably in the measuring to order one online. Beds are so big now with the thicker mattresses.

hmmmmmmm, don't know. Didn't get to dinner last night. Spent all evening and a good part of the night in the barn, had more babies. I hope to get to mess with that leftover sirloin roast tonight, bet DH hopes so too!!

Flourgirl, your dinner sounds delicious!

I'm making a pot of chili for dinner. Perfect day for it since it's -15 degrees.

Pork loin chops in a BBQ sauce with Cheese topping and vegetable savory rice,,,yes I`m going to try my luck at rice again, even after last night`s episode (Glutton for punishment me!).

LEFSElover said:

I just ordered my bedspread from, the Taste of Home catalog. It comes with the magazine sometime. I also saw some in the J.C. Penneys catalog. :)

After handing in my resignation at work and having some potential bad news about my brother, we will have a family meal consisting of pork roast, baby potatoes and gratin broccoli.

Chocolate brioche for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom