Dinner, Tuesday May 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I'm making a veggie stirfry...carrots, onion, celery, red and green peppers, and what ever else is in the fridge. Trying to clean out the veggie bin. The farmer's market opens this weekend so I want to have room for the first fresh veg of the season!

Especially the strawberries!

Chicken/vegetables with linguini, tossed salad, mixed fruit and ? Don't know what I'll make/bake, cookies maybe.

I have an eggplant that needs to be used this week. I'm inspired by DaveSoMD's veggie stir fry. May go along those lines. Won't know till I get back from working all day. DW works late today, so I'm on my own for dinner.

I will be making fried catfish, hash browns, corn on the cob and coleslaw. yum ! - (just me tonight)

Update : Made a pillsbury "Funfetti" cake with crm. cheese frosting and sweet cornbread.

Last edited:
I need to go grocery shopping, so it will be whatever looks good in the stores. If they have fresh corn, it'll be grilled corn and hot dogs.

Wow, everyone has thier minds made up so early today, I haven't even finished the last of last night's dishes!
Chicken something I think.

The only reason my mind is made up early, Suzi, is because I actually took something (the chicken breasts) out of the freezer the night before :)

ok good pacanis, i was starting to worry you were getting carried away..... :)

British asparagus grilled with some red bell pepper served over romaine hearts with shaved parmesan cheese. It was tasty.

Suzie, I might go chicken too, but with all my baking I think it might be a rotisserie one from the market! Or, PD, I think I might go the soup route too only mine will be from the freezer, not the can! Or maybe they will be content just with dessert!

leftover meatloaf over here.... I did try a new recipe with a sauce so good DH was licking his fingers for more....LOL so i know he'll be happy with leftovers!

British asparagus is only avail for about 4 weeks here and its absolutely delicious! No difference, but all year long we get junky asparagus imported from Europe.

A good beef sausage, cottage fries, cole slaw and some fine bread. A peasant dinner, but it doesn't get any better on a Tuesday night. Well, unless we top it with dilly bars from DQ.

Bourbon...Vodka...Bourbon....Vodka...?? On of them.

A bed of rice....
A fried catfish filet on top...
Crawfish etouffee on top of that.....
Peppermint Pattie for dessert....
:sleep: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom