Dinner Tuesday, May 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
bufffalo steaks, taters, & haricots sounds like dinner to me. steaks look beautiful!!!

I think I am going to try Pad Thai, or maybe Lo Mein. Not sure just yet I'll have to see what's in the fridge.

Love Pad Thai..do you have a good recipe to use??

Dinner here will be split pea soup. It's cold and rainy again.

No, I researched the Pad Thai a little and I think I'm going to wing it using about 5 different recipes I found. I'm sort of afraid to play with it before trying at least 1 full recipe, but my red beans n rice turned out ok when i messed with that one. :)

i have about a pound of ground chicken that needs to be used up, so i'm thinking of making norwegian meatballs (like swedish meatballs, but i'm norsk).

i have a defatted quart of the scrapings/drippings from the last time we made a plain roasted chicken, so i'm thinking of adding it to butter and evoo sweated onions, then simmering the browned chicken meatballs in the gravy.

if i can get to the store, i'll serve it with egg noodles and french bread.

Pasta here too. I made mini meatballs yesterday. So, tonight it's a penne and meatball bake, done in a simple tomato sauce with ricotta cheese. Salad, bread, and homemade apple turnovers for dessert.

Son home from college...He announced he was "fixin" supper...Some kind of Lemon, cracked black pepper chicken creation..out of boneless, skinless breast...The refrigerator is full of scraps...so all should be well!!:LOL:

Naw...He'll be higly complimented no matter what!!! ;)

It's too warm today and I'm not liking it.

I'll take some shrimp out of the freezer, add some seafood boil, cook them up, then use some red sauce with a bit of horseradish mixed in to flavor the shrimp.

Don't know what else. French bread is always good with shrimp, but I have none. A salad is a good second choice.

I'll find something!

It's too warm today and I'm not liking it.

I'll take some shrimp out of the freezer, add some seafood boil, cook them up, then use some red sauce with a bit of horseradish mixed in to flavor the shrimp.

Don't know what else. French bread is always good with shrimp, but I have none. A salad is a good second choice.

I'll find something!

spooky, i just too shrimp out of freezer. think i will just saute em, salad and some kind of veg. or maybe just a artichoke.

it is too warm here also, but not like last three days.

babe:ohmy::ohmy:

Everyone else is sick around here and I am having another pain flare (probably the ever changing weather), so not too sure what supper will be. The border and DH haven eaten much at all today and I have a chicken carcass making broth right now so it will probably become soup for them. If I am on my own I am thinking of having a raw seeds and greens salad and fresh made falafel as they wouldn't eat it even if they were feeling 100%

Making a chicken pot pie out of Sunday's leftover roast chicken. Probably a salad to go with.

the kids are getting their meal made by me for them tonight.
it is meatballs in a rich teriyaki sauce, in the crock pot.
either over sticky rice or buttered noodles, both left out, as I told them to choose their starch.
grilled asparagus with butter/lemon/garlic salt and pepper.
BarbL's yummy cake using white cake with lemon pie filling.
I tasted it, it's delicious.
Hope they enjoy.i

f I get home in time, and that's a big if, I'll do this simple but very good shrimp recipe I just had in the Hamptons over the weekend. It's rich and so very fattening but I know I can cut out some of the calories just be using a few things different than this crazy Italian man did. His ingreds included 1 qt heavy cream 1/2 gallon half and half, two sticks butter. I'd do it with chicken broth and 2% milk, a thickening agent and bet my version will still be good. It's shrimp over noodles in this cream sauce.

Cheddar burgers, iceburg lettuce wedge with bacon and bleu cheese dressing. Ice cream for dh and hmmmmmm nothing for moi.

boneless buffalo bites and pepper jack sticks ..
diet is out the window tonight ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom