Dinner, Tuesday May 21, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mined some BBQ pork from the freezer last night because I had an eye exam today. It was an eye-drop check-up and it takes forever for my eyes to get back to normal :blink: so I wanted to make sure Himself could eat while I slept it off. Happily, I could see normally in less that two hours! Still, he's scarfing down a sandwich after a bowl of salad. I'm trying to go with just salad - made it twice as big as his and added some grilled chicken breast. Boy, that BBQ smells good...:yum:

Are those "white" hot dogs? When Wegmans was moving into MA a number of people who were familiar with Wegmans kept asking if they would be selling the "_______ white hot dogs". "Hofmann" sounds familiar.

What's a white hot dog?

Are those "white" hot dogs? When Wegmans was moving into MA a number of people who were familiar with Wegmans kept asking if they would be selling the "_______ white hot dogs". "Hofmann" sounds familiar.

This one was a traditional pink hot dog.

The Hofmann folks do make white hot dogs using pork and a little bit of nutmeg, they are very good.

In this area we call them Coneys, Snappys, White Hots. They are rare outside of Central New York.

The good folks at Hofmann's offer them by mail to those CNY folks that that have moved to other parts of the world.

Hofmann Hot Dogs

Back
Top Bottom