"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Executive Chef

We have a $135 5-course prix fix special wine tasting menu tonight with Trefethen Vineyards. Some guys from the winery will be here pouring the wines at the tables and talking with the guests. I'm doing the salad and demi-entree course. The Restaurant Chef is doing the appetizer and entree. The dessert is from our pastry department as always. We'll be pouring the Viogner and Dry Riesling (with my dishes), and the Pinot Noir and HaLo Cabernet (lucky bastard) with the Chef's dishes. The dessert will get a pour of the Late Harvest Rielsing. We're supposed to also visit the tables while our course is being served and speak with the guests as well. Oh joy.

I should actually get back to prepping.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
I drove back home last night so I could bring my grill back to blomington with me today! Then came the sad realization that I had nothing to grill, except some corn. While it's tempting, I think I'll save my charcoal for another occasion.

It will be leftovers tonight, if my g/f left me any :)

Old 05-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

since we've both been out working in the yard, it's hot and we are planning to just grill a chuck steak I have marinating, have some fruit salad, garlic cheese bread and ice cream for dessert.

kadesma
Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #14
Master Chef

i'm gonna have a French meal tonite, instead. my fellow foodies, you may well love this city. restaurants abound. many choices.
or my miso soup.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #15
Master Chef

We have leftover baked potatoes, which my husband is going to cut into wedges and fry.
In the 20 years we have been married, he has always said no to salmon patties. I jokingly mentioned that for supper tonight, and Kim said he wouldn't mind if they didn't have those little "crunchie things" in them. I promised to pick out the bones, so salmon patties it is. (There's also half a leftover ribeye for him to fall back on.)
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Contest Winner

I'm making salmon confit with cucumber salad and horseradish cream sauce... should be tasty.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #17
Everymom

Leftovers, I don't have any energy left to do any cooking.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Dinner will be chili dogs! I forgot to set the frozen prime rib out this morning so there will be no cheese steaks today. ****! Ah well, good eating tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #19
Everymom

DAMPCHARCOAL! Good to see you! Can I come for dinner tomorrow?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
We have a $135 5-course prix fix special wine tasting menu tonight with Trefethen Vineyards. Some guys from the winery will be here pouring the wines at the tables and talking with the guests. I'm doing the salad and demi-entree course. The Restaurant Chef is doing the appetizer and entree. The dessert is from our pastry department as always. We'll be pouring the Viogner and Dry Riesling (with my dishes), and the Pinot Noir and HaLo Cabernet (lucky bastard) with the Chef's dishes. The dessert will get a pour of the Late Harvest Rielsing. We're supposed to also visit the tables while our course is being served and speak with the guests as well. Oh joy.

I should actually get back to prepping.
Got a quick break between courses so here are the dishes I made for the dinner. The salad is my version of a tweaked insalada caprese. The dressing is made from Spanish olive oil, pancetta, aged balsamic vinegar, and capers. The demi-entree is a veal scallopine with a mirin, ginger, and brown butter emulsion, shanghai noodles "al olio", oven roasted tomaotes, grilled portobello, pea shoots, and sauteed vegetables. The salad was paired with the viogner and the veal with the riesling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capresesalad.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1392   Click image for larger version

Name:	vealscallopini.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1393