Dinner, Tuesday May 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easy, fish from the freezer and homemade mac n cheese, green beens. It's a gorgeous 82 degrees!!!....with rain on the way, again.

i had a kfc snacker the one with crispy chicken. heart attack on a bun. went shopping with a friend. on feet to long so knees are hurting again. just don't feel like standing to cook. kfc is on the way home, lol.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The plan was to make spaghetti. The burger is thawed, the hot sausage it thawed, the shrooms need used up...... but man am I whooped. I just got inside to feed my own poochies after what seemed like putzing around outside all day. My turn next, once I get back up that is :rolleyes:

My SIL was in Montreal yesterday, and brought us back Montreal Smoked Meat and real rye bread! Homemade fries , real kosher dills, oh, life is good!!!!

With this pregnancy I've had weird cravings so for dinner I had tomato & basil soup, macaroni & cheese & coleslaw, my two year old loved it.

I decided to start frying some chopped up bacon, add some broccoli I want to use up, a lot of spinach, onion, garlic, slivered almonds......
I'm having concoction tonight. The spaghetti will wait til tomorrow.

Can you believe we had left over Panang so we had that again tonight, that makes three days in a row. I begged DW to make something else (I overdid it yesterday and am too sore to cook tonight) but she was too tired herself.

I decided to start frying some chopped up bacon, add some broccoli I want to use up, a lot of spinach, onion, garlic, slivered almonds......
I'm having concoction tonight. The spaghetti will wait til tomorrow.

Hmmmm, me thinks Popeye would not approve....but I think it sounds great.

I gotta look up panang, Buddy. Everytime you mention it I have no idea what you're talking about, but it must be good. I'll have to give it a try.

Popeye can stick to canned spinach (which reminds me, I have to find a use for the canned spinach I have in the cupboard :rolleyes:) Been a while since I had any of that :)

I bought something the other day and added that to see what would happen, balsamic vinegar..... pretty good stuff. Sweet. I added a little grated cheese, too, for my dairy product tonight ;)
I have to say, I never thought anything I fix on a regular basis would consist mostly of veggies, but I always make this (basically) so I must like it.

Attachments

• May 6 veggies & bacon.jpg
    May 6 veggies & bacon.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 196
Popeye can stick to canned spinach (which reminds me, I have to find a use for the canned spinach I have in the cupboard :rolleyes:) Been a while since I had any of that :)

I bought something the other day and added that to see what would happen, balsamic vinegar..... pretty good stuff. Sweet. I added a little grated cheese, too, for my dairy product tonight ;)
I have to say, I never thought anything I fix on a regular basis would consist mostly of veggies, but I always make this (basically) so I must like it.

This looks delicious, pacanis. My kind of meal. As for the canned spinach, I honestly don't think I have ever tried it....only fresh or frozen.

I gotta look up panang, Buddy. Everytime you mention it I have no idea what you're talking about, but it must be good. I'll have to give it a try.

Glad you found some inspiration for your spinach!
Boy, I better get on the ball, Pacanis is able to teach cooking these days. :chef:
Looks good. I still have my bag of spinach. It may be compost by now. :ermm:

I love Panang, and not that hard to make if you have a grocery store nearby that has a good ethnic isle. It is a medium hot curry, peanut based so has a kinda nutty consistency dark brown to medium brown. Best with beef IMHO.
Another easy one to make, and good for you, is Pad Thai. We don't get all fancy with it, just the rice noodles, Pad Thai sauce, tofu or chicken, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, and a squirt of lime. You can top with crushed peanuts if you like, I do.

Would you like to post your recipe here under whatever category it fits, Mav?
I'm looking for something different to try.

Back
Top Bottom