Dinner Tuesday, Nov. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Really, no dinner thread yet?

I mixed together leftover chicken fajita fixings - chicken, onions, bell peppers and sauce - with leftover Mexican rice and put it in a casserole dish in the oven. In a little while, I'll shred some extra-sharp cheddar cheese and put that on top to melt.

To serve, I'll sprinkle it with store-bought fried tortilla strips and mix some Greek yogurt with lime juice, salt and sugar to cool it off. Quick and easy before the Day of Prep tomorrow.

Last edited:
SO called this afternoon and asked if I'd like her to bring home a dozen lobster claws for dinner. I thought about it and said OK!

...and they're all for me because she's allergic to lobster. I have some hot dog rolls in the freezer so lobster rolls it is for dinner.

She's having a salad with HB eggs and ham.

Don't feel like cooking, so we ordered from the local "Southern style BBQ" place. I ordered pork ribs with fries and "sauce piquant fou" (crazy hot, sauce) on the side. Stirling ordered a smoked sausage sandwich with Alabama sauce on the side. I'm getting hungry. I hope that food comes soon.

Well, if you can't finish those lobster claws, Andy, I'd be happy to give you a place you could send them....

I am full of gravy and stuffing right now. Had to taste test for an upcoming family get together.

What's your lobster roll recipe, Andy? I've been browsing through some recipes and nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe they are all really that simple.

I darn near ate too much for lunch again today to feel hungry for dinner, but I'm starting to get hungry so just took some bacon out of the freezer. I'm going to make a take on the Primanti Bros sandwich since I still have the stuff (coleslaw, It bread and tomatoes). I'll add some bacon in with the capicola and make home fries instead of FF's. Some ranch dressing might even find it's way on there.

Busy day doing the weekly marketing and some pre-prep for Thanksgiving. Probably like everyone else, the refrigerator needs to be as empty as possible so, in view of that concept, I took a leftover quantity of spaghetti meat sauce and turned it into lasagna. As it turned out, there was plenty and we'll have leftover lasagna for tomorrow's dinner. Homemade French bread became garlic bread. Iced tea and the last of the coconut cream pie filled out the meal.

What's your lobster roll recipe, Andy? I've been browsing through some recipes and nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe they are all really that simple...

Pac, just lobster meat, mayo and buttered toasted hot dog rolls. For me, no celery, I hate the stuff. A little lettuce would have been OK.

We had ham, rice, broccoli and a lovely green salad. Double dark chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Mmmmm......lobster rolls! Lucky dog!

We had leftover ham and sides just a repeat of Sunday's meal, sans the salad. Have to make room in the fridge ;). Really lazy....we just put it on plates and nuked 'em ;)

Breaded and fried thin cut pork chops. Salted-vinegar smashed potatoes and BBQ slaw from ATC. Big deal dinner, first time for me on the breading and frying. Worked, cool. Used flax seed meal for the breading since we didn't have the bread or bread crumbs available and they worked surprisingly well. The smashed potatoes now go into the favorites list along with the slaw recipe.
Last couple days I have cut up carrots and peeled celery along with hummus for my brides lunch. First time making hummus, and she has as a request for an additional helping of hummus and celery for a co-worker. I peel the celery since the stringy bits are on the outside skin of the stalk.

I am in love. I made my first ever pork tenderloin tonight. Roasted, with some garlic, thyme and rosemary. It schlept out some juice as it rested along with some drippings and I made onion gravy. Man, is this ever easy. And good tasting. Mashed potatoes and corn.

Last edited:
All the talk about rotisserie chicken in a few threads had me "making" it for supper tonight. Bought it when I grocery shopped yesterday (Monday) and cut everything off the bones. I set the skin/fat/bones aside to make stock from it. We had the chicken with baked potato and green beans with bacon. Haven't made them that way in years and forgot how oh-so-good they are! :yum:

Plenty of leftover chicken which will probably go into bowls of Asian chicken soup tomorrow. Dang, forgot fresh ginger yesterday...

Beer Can Chicken.
39817-albums371-picture5745.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom