"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
Head Chef
Really on a pork kick, lately. Thick loin chop (bone-in) on the cast iron grill, with apple slices, also grilled. Spaghetti squash with olive oil and garam masala. Sweet potato w/ butter and s&p. (BTW, if anyone tells you to cook spaghetti squash whole and remove the seeds later, disregard it. I tried it tonight, and spent 20 minutes removing seeds instead of 1 minute with a spoon, uncooked.)

bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #22
Executive Chef
I made a big pot of potato leek soup today, and having some salad to go with it - Romaine, cukes, mushrooms, grated carrot, pears, goat cheese, pecans and dried cranberries. Dessert, probably tea and chocolate.

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #23
Master Chef
DH called to say he had to work late (again! ) so I met my parents for a quick sandwich. It was a nice change of pace for Sofie--a whole day with only Mama around and she was ready for some new company!
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:07 AM   #24
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
We had salmon patties & green beans last night. I had to work yesterday & hubby forgot to get anything out of the freezer & all I had that didn't need to be thawed out was a can of salmon.
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
we tried a new sushi place, "maguro", a few towns away.
i had the 10 pc. plus tuna roll sushi deruxe, plus a salmon skin hand roll. the sushi was average, the rolls very good.

dw had 2 rolls. a green river roll (eel, avocado, rice, masago, nori, white tuna, and tobiko rolled in cucumber), and a spider roll (fried soft shell crab rolled with rice in nori, topped with an eel bbq sauce). both rolls were deelish.

we hsared a veggie gyoza, and a green salad with avocado and tomato in ginger dressing. both were also delicious.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #26
Executive Chef
After a grueling day at work, and then a leisurely manicure/pedicure I finally got home 14 hours after leaving this morning. Then I had to colour my hair. When the male co-owner of the salon asks 'what's up with your hair?' then the roots have got to go.

While I sat with my dye gooped hair piled upon my head I ate dinner.

Tortilla chips with a sour cream/salsa combination. Then I had a snack back of M&Ms with peanuts.

I'm about ready to .

okay, I thought this was Wednesday!.....just goes to show you how grueling my day was. Either that, or the hair dye seeped in to my brain.

How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote