Dinner Tuesday the 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have some primo corned beef left from Sunday's dinner so it's reuben sandwiches for us tonight.

Pumpernickel, corned beef, saurkraut, Russian dressing and Swiss cheese nicely toasted on the griddler.

I do believe a cold Sam Adams Winter Lager will wash it down nicely.

Looks delicious, Wyshiepoo!

United Way take and bake here. Minute steaks, mashed potatoes, other stuff. It's actually December's dinner, but they froze it for us since we were gone.

I like to have dinner ready to eat when DH gets home, about 4:30. Today will be a little early. I have ready to go into the oven a home made pizza; bread machine crust, jarred sauce, sautéed onions, some kind of freezer lurking fat sausage links, some Christmas uncured sausage, pepperoni, and cheeses. Did I mention this is a meat lovers?;)

I just popped a chicken & mushroom strudel in the oven.

It was a lot of work, so I'll shortcut the veggies and use something from the freezer from the big green guy.

I like to have dinner ready to eat when DH gets home, about 4:30. Today will be a little early. I have ready to go into the oven a home made pizza; bread machine crust, jarred sauce, sautéed onions, some kind of freezer lurking fat sausage links, some Christmas uncured sausage, pepperoni, and cheeses. Did I mention this is a meat lovers?;)

He came home right after I put the pizza in the oven:).

Attachments

• DSCN2856.jpg
    DSCN2856.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN2858.jpg
    DSCN2858.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 230
Wyshiepoo, I might have to experiment making this to serve as a breakfast dish.

Beth, Your pizza looks outstanding.

I have an impatient stomach and a sweet potato baking. Wish it would hurry up and get done so I can fry up a pork chop to go with, along with some steamed green beans.

put a couple pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker with salsa and taco seasoning mix set it on low and set the timer for 5 hours. After the 5 hours, it tuns to "Keep Warm" When I got home the chicken breasts were just starting to fall apart and the cooker kept them at 165 degrees hot enough to be safe, but didn't keep cooking them, I really like this cooker.

I took some canned black beans and seasoned those and made basmati rice.

My belly is full and satisfied!

Well quite often I buy something reduced from a supermarket...it was going to be some sea bass fillets (that I had in mind to steam on a plate above simmering water, covered - keeps the flavour in), with bought cooked pasta, pesto and spinach salad.

However, felt like something lighter so bought some muesli rye bread (crusty, fruity and wonderful) that I had with small, juicy apples and organic banana

Wyshiepoo, I might have to experiment making this to serve as a breakfast dish.

Beth, Your pizza looks outstanding.

I have an impatient stomach and a sweet potato baking. Wish it would hurry up and get done so I can fry up a pork chop to go with, along with some steamed green beans.

According to the recipe book I got this from it was originally a hearty farmers breakfast with the addition of squash and parmesan to bring it up to date. I suspect it was originally a left overs dish.

Picked up our quarter-beef from the butcher's today. Tonight is Porterhouse fillet side for DW, strip side with bone, seasoned with salt and pepper for me, rare of course, and a side of buttered spinach.

Is good enough. Hold that thought. Steaks are done. I'll report back...

...We have a little store and meat market that everyone in these parts swears by. And, there meat is definitely a cut above the supermarkets for quality. Once in a while, you get an exceptionally good steak there, with good beef flavor. I have just finished my steak, and it far surpasses the meat from that pretty good little market, and I've got a freezer full of them.:w00t2::clap:

Best of all, I can still unbury the Webber and break out the charcoal. That steak was so well flavored, and tender, just from the grill pan on the stove top, that when it's cooked properly, over charcoal, well, I think the aroma might bring unwanted neighbors and relatives. I'll have to hold 'em off with a tower of snowballs.:LOL:

I am satisfied with my purchase. It was a good thing, especially at 3.70 per pound, less than hamburger around these parts.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Leftovers
I had a collection of 'a little of this and a little of that'
but not enough for a meal for two
so it was a mix plate tonight of leftover:

roasted potato wedges
baked chicken with herb de provence
grilled flank steak with mushrooms (I grill the `shrooms too)
seasoned steamed kale
grilled baby zucchini
chicken cordon bleu
chicken marsala

like I said, just a smattering of a bunch of stuff :bunny:

(I can't bring myself to throw out food, unless it's inedible)

Back
Top Bottom