"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Master Chef
Dinner Wed. 12/23/15

Anybody eating tonight?

We had a late Sushi lunch after the movies today...Bridge of Spies, excellent.

Tonight we're eating the leftovers from last night's fancy dinner out.

What's up at your house?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
We had a quick dinner of hot dogs tonight. Mine with brown mustard and sauerkraut.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
Head Chef
Panko fried mushrooms, roast pork,peas,1/2 baked potato.

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
Master Chef
Looks good, Joey.

Breakfast for dinner this evening - veggie omelette, hash browns, and a fresh fruit salad.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
I was busy cooking and baking all day for the next few days, so I really didn't feel like making dinner tonight. Luckily, the pork chile verde I made the few days ago gets better and better as it sits in the fridge, so I made fresh rice with ancho chile powder, ground cumin and Mexican oregano and served the pork over that. Yummy!
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Head Chef
Didn't feel like cooking or cleaning up much of a mess so told Craig out or some of the Butoni pasta we got on BOGO a couple of weeks ago that has been in the freezer. He chose out so we tried a new place, a tapas, taco and tequila joint. We had a tapas meal and it was actually pretty good overall. We had Cuban sandwich egg rolls that were a tad bit greasy but really good. Manchego cheese with toast points that was flambé'd, but whew there was still lots of tequila left. You could get wasted on the un-burnt-off tequila in that dish if you let the bread soak it all up. Empanadas with some beef (it had a name but I don't remember) that were okay. The dough was nice and flaky but the beef just didn't do it for me personally, though Craig liked it. I'd try them again with the pork or the cheese options. Fried calamari that was really tender and tasty but the coating wasn't super crisp. I was happy that the calamari itself was good and not rubber bands so the lack of crispness on the coating was forgiven by a long shot, sort of a tempura like coating. Nachos with Mexican pulled pork that I thought were pretty darn good. And a freebie of freshly made plantain chips with a garlic lime sauce that I had to stop myself from eating so I'd have room for everything else. I REALLY wanted to try their churros with dulce de leche ice cream but I was absolutely stuffed. Craig told me to go for it but I told him he'd have to roll me out to the car if I had that on top of everything else. Next time for sure though. The service was great and we intend to go back. It was the Feisty Bull in Coral Springs, FL.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
Wine Guy
Homemade pizza night - mushrooms on my half!

Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Great pics, S&P and Steve! Nice dinners, all!

We went to one of our favorite Mexican places. DH got the fish fillet of his dreams: freshly caught grilled snapper with butter and lime. Firm, flaky, and absolutely delicious. He can't stop raving about it. I had Cochinita Pibil tacos, which were also wonderful. The restaurant was a little short-handed tonight, and a big table came in right after we did, but a couple margaritas made the wait tolerable.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
Master Chef
I always love the nightly dinner thread! It's always great reading.To me it's the essence of Discuss Cooking, even though we don't always cook or do something fancy every night. Great posts tonight, as always. TY.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:00 AM   #10
Master Chef
We had a good, old-fashioned dinner at our daughter's with ALL of us at the table. ♡ I baked a little quarter ham, roasted a pan full of potato cubes too. Steamed broccoli and sauteed summer squash. Only a tiny bit of the ham is left - I forgot how much our kids can eat! Dessert was sitting around enjoying each other's company. Life is good.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote