Dinner Wed. 3/13/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I totally ran outa gas last night although I have the Shingles on the run I hope. We did takeout instead, so this will get made today..
I've done this cheesy shrimp taco recipe of Rick Bayless before and it's outa sight. https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/c...-shrimp-tacos/
The Mexican squash dish I made last night will be on the side with some pink Mexican rice.
What's your plan for dinner this glorious DLST night?

Shingles? Oh K-L I feel for you!
My Mother as well as DH both had it and it ain't pretty.

My plan for tonight will be what I had planned for last night as well,
that is if the wind lets up.
It's been a pretty wild day as for as weather goes … we started out
the day with snow and sleet, then it turned to rain and then came the wind!
20+ MPH
So, IF I can, I will be grilling a nice piece of Salmon Fillet along with
some fresh Asparagus :yum:

I haven’t decided yet. We’ve got left over fried Dolly breast, which came out excellently. But I think, for me, I’ll defrost a salmon fillet and have it with pasta in a cream sauce.

Continuing with a meat-and-fruit theme, I'm making port tenderloin medallions with a blackberry-port wine sauce. I have bok choy I picked up on sale and need to use, so I'll probably braise that in a bit of butter and white wine. That's as far as I've planned for today.

Anything deep fried. I just got a Presto Dual Daddy deep fryer so I want to play with it tonight! Fish and chips....?

Fish-n-Chips seems a bit ambitious for a new fryer you have never used before. Just a thought. Maybe wings would be a less risky choice?

As for me, I have some nice, meaty lamb chops marinading, to toss on the gas grill for a quick, medium rare cook. I haven't decided on a side (haven't thought about it, actually).

Maybe a picture later.

CD

Fish-n-Chips seems a bit ambitious for a new fryer you have never used before. Just a thought. Maybe wings would be a less risky choice?

These Presto fryers have no temp control, & no on-off switch. Turns on when you plug in and I think the temp is preset at 375. The fryer will cook certain foods well and others perhaps not so good. I need to play with it.

Have fun with your new kitchen toy, RF! Both chicken wings and fish and chips sound scrumptious. :yum: I might even play around with corn or apple fritters once I got the hang of it. :chef:

Another Krab salad this evening with all the fixin's. Need to use this stuff up, along with the dressing I made yesterday. Mango on the side.

I ended up making applesauce from a couple of tired apples as the "something else". IMG_20190313_204356646_HDR.jpg

As for me, I have some nice, meaty lamb chops marinading, to toss on the gas grill for a quick, medium rare cook. I haven't decided on a side (haven't thought about it, actually).

Maybe a picture later.

CD

Here is a picture. I had some cheesy mashed taters as my side (cheddar and parmesan).

CD

Attachments

• LamChops3-19.jpg
    LamChops3-19.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 94
Hub was being a s***head. I didn't eat dinner. He had mac n cheese with tuna. Thinking about some eggs & maybe some flank steak. After he goes to work in an hour.

Back
Top Bottom