Dinner? Wed 4/3/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been craving Zuppa Tuscana, so while it's still cool enough to enjoy soup, that's what it will be tonight. :yum:

What's going on at your house?

Last edited:
I had 1/2 a grilled cheese on rye & homemade yogurt with homemade lemon curd.

Ropa vieja, maduros (fried ripe plantains), black beans and rice.

Dessert will be a piece of gooey butter cake.

Attachments

• 2019-04-03 18.14.12.jpg
    2019-04-03 18.14.12.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 128
I'm going to fry up some wings, and toss in a home-made Buffalo sauce.

CD

In the midst of grilling chicken, I discovered it wasn't quite the grilling weather I thought it should be. BS breasts don't take long, and I just stood in the garage out of the wind. We had grilled Greek chicken salad with romaine, red onion, cukes, tomato, cooked charred green beans, feta and avocado. Lemon, garlic, greek seasoning in the salad dressing. Whew. it took longer to type this than putting it all together, minus the chopping and grilling.

I've been craving Zuppa Tuscana, so while it's still cool enough to enjoy soup, that's what it will be tonight. :yum:

I was a bit worried that my new pretty enameled cast iron pot would be big enough at 3.5qt. but it worked out perfectly for our soup and it's so much easier to handle than my big heavy 6 qt. It was not expensive, and it will certainly last my lifetime. ;)

Great soup, as always.

Attachments

• P4030005[1].jpg
    P4030005[1].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 92
Cute little pot, Kayelle!

We had salads and leftovers. Except for some baked beans from days ago, we are officially out of leftovers! Until the next time I cook. :LOL:

I decided that I wanted my wings breaded instead of naked, and I did something a little different. I put my wings in a plastic bag with flour, but instead of removing them right away and frying, I put the bag of wings and flour in the fridge for about an hour. I then shook off the excess flour and fried them.

That additional time was worth it. The wings came out of the fryer with an incredible crust that held up to the Buffalo sauce (butter and Frank's Red Hot). It was like Hooter's, with better wings and no breasts. :mrgreen:

CD

Back
Top Bottom