Dinner Wed. 6/29/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
It's almost tomorrow on the left coast. Did anyone eat? Didn't want the day to pass without a dinner thread.

We picked up a rotisserie chicken and made a salad, so it was less than memorable. ;)

We had chicken too. Craig grilled mojo/adobo marinated thighs, as well as zucchini, red peppers and yellow squash. Cumin rice to go with .

One of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Mayan pork tacos (cochinita pibil) with pickled red onions and refried beans. And a margarita or two.

We went out to celebrate my birthday with the kids. Back to the same restaurant we had their birthday dinner at in December - Bourbon Street Barrel Room. We had an assortment of appetizers, then dinner. I reprised the Shrimp and Grits, Himself had Jambalaya, Loverly had blackened catfish, and Goober enjoyed his oyster Po-boy. Happy Hours on-tap beers were two bucks off, so we happily consumed two apiece. :mrgreen: Then off to touring spit-shined Cleveland for dessert. We didn't eat anything, seeing Cleveland WAS the sweet treat. :heart:

One of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Mayan pork tacos (cochinita pibil) with pickled red onions and refried beans. And a margarita or two.

Are you in Mexico again??
banana.gif

We went out to celebrate my birthday with the kids. Back to the same restaurant we had their birthday dinner at in December - Bourbon Street Barrel Room. We had an assortment of appetizers, then dinner. I reprised the Shrimp and Grits, Himself had Jambalaya, Loverly had blackened catfish, and Goober enjoyed his oyster Po-boy. Happy Hours on-tap beers were two bucks off, so we happily consumed two apiece. :mrgreen: Then off to touring spit-shined Cleveland for dessert. We didn't eat anything, seeing Cleveland WAS the sweet treat. :heart:

Sounds like the perfect evening :)

I diced up leftover pork and veggie souvlaki and put it on top of salad greens. Made a dressing by thinning tzatziki with half and half and made bruschetta topped with fresh basil pesto, chopped garden tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese. Delish.

I had an elk burger, heirloom tomato slices, and some cottage cheese. It didn't look very fancy, so I almost didn't post the photo, but here it is. Growing up in the midwest in the 1960s, a meal like this would have been called a "diet plate." It still is, in my book. :)

img_1471455_0_5aff2d9d8e4865d72892ce38bcf9b84a.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I finally made a sweet and sour sauce I enjoy and ate it with a (small) chicken breast. I also added half a chopped onion and half a can of pineapple and ate the whole freakin' thing.

Something tells me I need to study portion control.

Back
Top Bottom