Dinner Wed. Aug 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute cat CCL. I'm glad you didn't cook the cat in the slow cooker. :ohmy:

I didn't feel much like cooking, but the organic Italian sausage was getting close to its "best before" date, so I wanted to use them. I fried them all and put some in the snack drawer. The other two went into some pasta sauce that Stirling made and had put in the freezer. I also fried up a couple of long chilies with the Italian sausage. I served it over whole wheat spaghetti. It was yummers. I put a block of Grana Padano on the table with the micro-plane. Told you I was feeling lazy. ;)

.....Not sure yet what's going to be on the table for dinner - the easy way to go would be either a meatball sub or spaghetti and meatballs, since I already have the meatballs and marinara sauce.........

I went with the meatball sub for a mid afternoon dinner. Delish! :yum: Thanks for the inspiration, Kay. :)

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 164
That does look delicious Cheryl.

I made some banana ice cream for dessert, using this recipe: Banana Ice Cream Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network. I had over ripe bananas in the freezer and used them. This banana ice cream is lovely, but a little overly banana. Since it used the seeds from a vanilla bean, I decided to make vanilla sugar with the empty pod. I looked it up on Danish sites (they use vanilla sugar a lot and vanilla extract seldom). I have to dry the pod and maybe collect some more. I am glad I have a way to use that empty pod.

CCL, I think your cat had other plans of what you should make for dinner! :LOL:

LOL!! She loves the leftover crock pot roast beef!

I can't share this pic with too many folks, you know. If the Humane Society got a whiff of this, they'd be all over me like a bad rash!:LOL:

We went to our favorite Italian place last night after a quick trip to the hospital to visit our son's FIL. I had chicken Marsala on linguine with a salad. DH had chicken alfredo with a salad. I still have enough of the noodles and shrooms left for a nice lunch.

Thank you, CCL and Andy! :)

I was only able to eat a little more than half of the sub - I got too full. I wrapped up the rest of it and had it for breakfast this morning with a bowl of fruit. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom