Dinner Wed. Aug 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couscous salad with assorted vegis and leftover roast pork.:yum:

Breaded pork cutlets, green beans, and I'm going to give risotto another shot in the Zoji rice cooker. See if I can't make it a little creamy this time. There is a half a baguette left over from yesterday, so I'll make an olive tapenade for an appetizer.

I've been on vacation, so didn't do much cooking.

Tonight my brother is coming over for his birthday, so it's beer braised short ribs, garlic potatoes and broccoli and apple slaw.

I'm still on a hot summer minimal cooking kick, even though it isn't too warm, more like like I am lethargic, less energy than my usual . I should get get out and walk around as much of the lake that is on the shady side BEFORE Making dinner. Actuallly, I am going to do this Now.

I'm thinking for dinner a salad nicoise, if that has tuna on it, and I have lots of veggies and pickled things in jars to add to it. The little girls will be especially pleased if we have Tuna.

Leftovers from last night that my ungrateful family didn't eat.:ermm:
I'll be busy doing something else.:rolleyes:

I had a taco bowl.Couldn't make up my mind over everything.
Kinda like Pokemon "Gotta have em' all!" It was an even middle.
Can you believe they passed it all up?:ohmy:

*Oh and you know what?
I went to my room and broke into my Oreo stash and didn't share!

Last edited:
Summertime favorite, salad wedge with freshly made bacon bits, diced tomatoes from the garden, Green Goddess dressing and croutons. Serve a nice, crusty bread with it and dinner is complete.

Sounds good FoodieFanatic, and welcome to DC!

Not sure yet what's going to be on the table for dinner - the easy way to go would be either a meatball sub or spaghetti and meatballs, since I already have the meatballs and marinara sauce.

I don't know if I want anything that heavy this afternoon, though. :ermm::LOL: I'm craving an orzo salad with lots of chopped up fresh veggies, but that's a bit more work and I'm feeling lazy. :)

Sorry, Kayelle, but I think I won't be any help. We have leftovers to pick through (hot dog, potato salad, grilled pork tenderloin, mini meatloaves) and salad fixings that need...fixing.

Hope you've been able to get some idea of what to do. Maybe you need Souschef to take you out. ;)

Well...I was going to put something in the crockpot but this happened:

So, we're having a pork tenderloin rubbed with garlic, pepper, and oregano along with pork stuffing, gravy, green beans and more ice cream for dessert.

It's a catpot! :LOL:

I have no idea what we're having. May have to go spelunking.

The Couscous salad with avocado with lime and S&P!:yum:

36788-albums309-picture6263.jpg

Sorry, Kayelle, but I think I won't be any help. We have leftovers to pick through (hot dog, potato salad, grilled pork tenderloin, mini meatloaves) and salad fixings that need...fixing.

Hope you've been able to get some idea of what to do. Maybe you need Souschef to take you out. ;)

SousChef reminded me he has a Railroad Society meeting tonight, so I'm on my own. I pulled out a Nuremberger Bratt from the freezer and a Hogie roll. I might open up a can of kraut. ;)

Well...I was going to put something in the crockpot but this happened:

So, we're having a pork tenderloin rubbed with garlic, pepper, and oregano along with pork stuffing, gravy, green beans and more ice cream for dessert.

Sounds good CL, and a cute picture too. Hope you washed the pot. :cat:

SousChef reminded me he has a Railroad Society meeting tonight, so I'm on my own. I pulled out a Nuremberger Bratt from the freezer and a Hogie roll. I might open up a can of kraut. ;)

Sounds good CL, and a cute picture too. Hope you washed the pot. :cat:

LOL! I did!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom