Dinner Wed. Dec 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Im making a PF CHiangs style dinner for the fam today (8 people, yikes)

Chicken Lettuce Wraps (with marinated shitake mushrooms)

Spicy Chicken (will be sweet and spicy of course)

Swiss steak, over egg noodles I think. Already had mashed taters on Mon.
Steamed carrots.

And a WHOLE LOT of Spritz cookies!

yogurt or jello or creamed soup of some kind, my day at the dentist again yesterday and honestly, he tried to kill me:ohmy:my poor mouth, I'm on my way to being really skinny now, can't help it, can't eat:(
on the upside, made 5 batches of hokey pokey for work friends and supervisors this morning, finishing last one right now, using maple syrup and brown sugar, oh so fluffy:clap: really really really whipped that baking soda into it, sore arms = great results:D

LEFSElover, I hope your mouth feels better soon!

I'll be making a beef and tortilla bake for supper, with corn on the side. We ended up with a bunch of leftover cookies from a Christmas party we went to on Sunday, so that will probably be our dessert.

Salmon poached in lemon juice with garlic, tossed salad with mandarin oranges and walnuts, baked potatoes. Cookies for dessert.

on the upside, made 5 batches of hokey pokey for work friends and supervisors this morning, finishing last one right now, using maple syrup and brown sugar, oh so fluffy:clap: really really really whipped that baking soda into it, sore arms = great results:D

Are you sure those 5 batches are going to make it to your coworkers?!?!?;):LOL:

Today's DH's birthday so we're having steak with caramelized onions and a red wine sauce, roasted new potatoes, sourdough rolls, salad. Dessert is a black and white angel food cake topped with fresh whipped cream with pieces of Heath Bar folded in.

Right now I am thinking of making porcupine balls, mashed potatoes/gravy, buttered corn and garlic bread.

Update - My thinking changed, now we are having burgers and fries !
DH loves burgers and he is sick with a bad cold , this may perk him up !

Last edited:
hope you feel better soon, lefse.

happy birthday, mr. baker! pab, that's a dinner fit for a king.

tonight, i have to finish the meatballs and sausage, and make 2 full tray lasagnas, and a full tray of pasta primavera, so i hope dw's got something planned.

I'm starving and Paul's up for a big meal so...

I'm making a huge roast beef with lots of carrots, onions celery and potatoes.
Gravy to top it off.

tilapia with tomato, cucumber and shallot relish. Green salad tossed with couscous, red pepper, sliced artichokes, diced feta and a drizzle of sun dried tomato dressing. And garlic and herb nann.

lefse...Sorry to hear your in pain,hope you feel better. Just DD and I so we are having egg salad and tomatoe soup.

Porkchops. I've got left over mashed, so, since I just read another thread on it, I think I'll add some onion and cheese, flour them and fry them up ( I have a new tub of duck fat!!). Found a freezer bag of corn kernels I grilled in the fall and took of the cobs. Made a stove top appler cobbler last night with dried cherries and apricots, so that's dessert.

Fried boneless/skinless chicken with sawmill gravy

img_520812_0_9d8b35e3473bd93aff06b14874ee741e.jpg

just me

a small grilled steak, fried okra and salad, i think. thought it is the 11th here.

left over failed blondies for dessert. tastes great just looks bad. lol

babetoo

p.s. boy i am screwed up date wise. looked at calendar wrong it is the 17th, i think?

am retired and live alone so one day is same as anyother to me.

lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom