Dinner, Wed. Dec.13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ham boiled in demerara sugar oranges and spices, left to cool in the liquer, then sliced up on fresh crusty bread with English Mustard.

YT2095 said:
Ham boiled in demerara sugar oranges and spices, left to cool in the liquer, then sliced up on fresh crusty bread with English Mustard.

This sounds awesome - yum!

I am making meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans tonight.

Dinner will be Bak Kut Teh, a Chinese soup concoction made up of pork ribs and spices, which is almost ready in the crockpot. I have not cooked it for a long time so I can't wait to savour the goodness of the soup on a cold wintry day! I will prepare a stir-fry veggie dish to go with the rice.

It all sounds good. I'm clearly hungry. Not sure whats for dinner tonight. I'll go scrounge through the fridge.

I have to use up some biscuits so we're having sausage gravy, bacon and eggs.

Vegetarian split pea soup...the peas are simmering away right now with the other veggies in there..........
brown rice in the steamer...............
chicken meat balls for the man, but so far, I have no idea what recipe to use as I've never made chicken meat balls........so??? help!:wacko:

Made a coffee cake yesterday. It was a makeshift recipe that I concocted from one I found on Epicurious.com: the World's Greatest Recipe Collection. I played with it by adding Land of the Lakes Mocha/Peppermint half and half. The batter called for sour cream and the dense moist result was quite nice. [I put through the Cuisinart] several home made chocolate chip cookies with extra pats of very cold butter and more flour and brown sugar, plus Pumpkin Pie spice, gosh it was good. Made the man take it to work so my diet wouldn't fail.:mellow:

LEFSE, what stock do you use to make vegetarian pea soup? I have always used my old ham bones.

Oh, and with the chicken meat balls, are you talking ground chicken? or battered chicken balls? If its the ground chicken, just make it like regular meatballs. Toss in an egg, some bread crumbs or cracker crumbs and some chickeny herbs and make into balls. If its the other kind I have a recipe I can post for you.

I'm marinating some steaks right now, which I'll pan sear and then finish in the oven. I'm not sure what sides to make just yet.

PA Baker said:
Baked cheddar chicken fingers, rice pilaf, garlicky sauteed spinach for me and peas for the others.

Mmm that sounds good.
It sounds like something you could try wrapping in a pita too.
More food. ;)

Chicken a la king on fresh bread if I can get the bread to recover! Green beans sounds good crewsk. I think I may do a green bean casserole to go with and maybe a caesar salad since none of us has to go tonight. LOL:-p

We had some unusually great weather today, so we're doing some spring cleaning around here. I'm in the mood to whip up something spectacular, but not so much in the mood to do the dishes after.

So its Chinese takeout for us tonight. Sesame chicken for her and I think I'm going to go with the Chicken Lo Mein and an egg roll.

And she'll have some snickerdoodles i made yesterday for dessert. Or appetizer. Depends how long the delivery guy takes.

Our golf group (couples) is having a Holiday party tonight. Everyone is bringing an hors d' and we'll snack on those and drink some good wine. Later, coffee or tea and dessert.

Alix said:
LEFSE, what stock do you use to make vegetarian pea soup? I have always used my old ham bones.

Oh, and with the chicken meat ball. Ground chicken, just make it like regular meatballs. Toss in an egg, some bread crumbs or cracker crumbs and some chickeny herbs and make into balls.

I use a lot of celery, carrots, onions and potatoes and that specialty chicken flavor bullion from Whole Foods that contains no chicken but the flavor is there. I make my own House Seasoning similar to PD's but it's pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. All that together and this house smells terrific. I let it simmer forever. Yes, the chicken is ground chicken in a 1 lb package and I thought it was unusual so I bought it. So, same as for regular meat balls just put in the poultry seasoning then right? Okay, will do, it's still hours before the man of my dreams gets home anyway:-p thanks.........

We are having grilled pork spare ribs, potato salad and I have left over green bean casserole and some garlic bread. I parboiled the spare ribs in Louisiana Crab/Shrimp boil for about 30 minutes, then brush them with barbeque sauce and put them on the grill until the sauce is glazed on them. They are really good.

leftovers

leftover smoked ham and scalloped potato casserole
lefover baked sweet potato, DH has his plain, I add a dab of butter to mine
sauteed broccoli in butter with garlic and lemon juice, the very last of the fall broccoli

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom