"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I get to go to class tonight.
We will be celebrating Callum's bday today since dh has to work tomorrow. So we'll be having a late lunch of chicken tacos and peach raspberry cake. Presents too!

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
Master Chef
I'm not sure. I have leftover spagetti that I may throw into a baking dish and top with shredded italian cheeses and bake it. But then again I'm not sure. Our youngest came home early from school today sick.........poops and upset tummy.....poor lil guy. He's sprawled out on the couch watching t.v. now. We may just order out and I'll just see if he feels he can tolerate some sprite, soup, or something else light.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
Good idea PABaker, I've done that many times. The kids don't like meatloaf or stuffed peppers or stuffed cabbage but they love tacos and funny thing is, when I turn meatloaf into tacos, they amazingly disappear

Oh I love beef and barley soup. How do you do yours MicheleMarie, and hoping you're feeling just ''purr''fect today, winking you...........get it Would you mind sharing your recipe? Oh I guess that'd have to be on a recipe page as not supposed to do that here. Hints please, I have steaks galore in the freezer and barley in the pantry.

I'll wait to hear, otherwise, I'll get in the freezer and see what looks good to me. It's cookie baking day for me to MicheleMarie, wish I lived closer to you, we could do it together.

So far, this Beef Barley Soup - Chowhound= looks like the one/s I'll use.
That sounds good! Mine is fairly simple - passed from Gram to mom to me. I start with a pot roast in water, boil, remove scum. Turn to simmer, add some beef bouillon, a large can of tomato soup and a large can of tomato sauce and a whole onion, salt and pepper. Simmer for a bit. Then I add chopped celery and carrots and all the celery tops. Keep simmering. When I remove the meat I add the barley and turn the heat up a bit. After meat cools a bit I shred and/or cut-however it works out. This soup can be done quickly or simmer all day - either way, it is delicious. It started raining here about an hour ago-soup sounds good and smells good too. This isn't really a recipe, just a hand-me-down way of doing it. I hope you try it!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Senior Cook
Today was cookie baking day for me too. We're having a take-out pizza tonight with Christmas cookies to nibble on for dessert.
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
HH and daughter are out Christmas shopping. I had too much lasagna for lunch, so I'm not hungry. Good thing I stocked up on Progresso clam chowder when it was on sale so there's something for when they get back.

Trying not to think about the eggnog ice cream in the freezer.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #16
Master Chef
I finished up my Christmas shopping today. I was going to have a grilled steak with mushrooms and mashed potatoes and gravy. But I was too tired after two days of shopping. Instead of the steak I had grilled hot links on whole wheat roll with onion, mayo, and mustard. I doctored up some store bought macaroni salad with green onions, olives, and celery.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote