"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
I went to Urban Flats yesterday to talk to the manager about a photo shoot and was intrigued by their menu.. so tonight I have planned a couple of flatbread-done-at-home experiments... some Chorizo, and shrimp with caramelized onions on one and the other a pear, goat cheese and raw onion topping. I will be doing these indoors tonight since the temperature has dropped down into the high 40's. (cold for Atlanta)... I probably will shoot some pics of it all later and post them tomorrow... Oh, my Valentine bride will be blending an Arugula salad to go alongside of these store-bought flatbreads. I WAS going to make dough today and let it rest long enough to make flatbreads but I'm buying them tonight and staying inside where it's warm. Take a look at Urban Flats Menu and see the pretty neat things they have to offer... (btw.. I am NOT shilling for Urban Flats, their website is available online to anyone wanting to see it).

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.
GadgetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner night with friends has switched back to Wednesdays; tonight, we're going to a Middle-Eastern restaurant. I'll probably get the salmon kebabs with basmati rice.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
Senior Cook
LP, sure thing...be right over!
Finally reached my goal weight- 120 lbs- & never going back!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #14
Head Chef
Well, I've got leftover beef short ribs from Monday and leftover pork and saurkraut from last night, so tonight should be interesting
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
Sous Chef
Orange Roughy
Roasted root vegetables
Cole Slaw

And for dessert - mangoes, strawberries, bananas
simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

I don't know what I'm having. My girlfriend gave up meat and alcohol for lent, so my life is pretty much over.

Actually, I can still eat meat. However, cooking for a veggie is rather difficult.
itsmilesdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
Head Chef
I am making grilled ruebens and heating up some homemade chicken noodle soup. Leftover lemon tart for dessert.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
menu been on hold

i was going to have salmon patties, rice and veg couple days ago. didn't get around to it. so will try again. last night foccaia bread i baked and wonton soup .

babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
Certified Cake Maniac
Originally Posted by itsmilesdavis View Post
I don't know what I'm having. My girlfriend gave up meat and alcohol for lent, so my life is pretty much over.

Actually, I can still eat meat. However, cooking for a veggie is rather difficult.
Actually, it can be quite easy and fun to cook meals that are both meat and meatless. Pasta is a great place to start! You can do a tomato sauce and add meat to half and veggies (mushrooms, etc) to the other half. Just make sure that your girlfriend has some type of protien as well. Or how about burgers? There are some really good veggie burgers out there, just remember to not cook them together so the meat fat gets into hers. The possibilities are actually endless!

I hope she is doing much better than me - I am struggling as I gave up sugar for lent and then have been baking ever since!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #20
Senior Cook
Here is the Beef Stew with some corn bread

"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon."
Mary Pettibone Poole
Ask-A-Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote