Dinner, Wed. Feb. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
So whats everyone making tonight? I have decided on linguine with sauteed portobellas/ red clam sauce, salad and garlic bread.

Change of plans (me) decided to wait and have this Friday if the grandsons come for the weekend. I am hungry for a Arby's french dip, so ordering out- my treat !

Last edited:
I'm making a pot of stuffed cabbage rolls to bring to my dad's house. My mom's on vacation and he's alone. For us, I'm making cabbage with peppers and kielbasa. and for dessert, I just bought a gallon of Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream- its delicious!

Cold and icy here, so I'm making a nice big pot of wild rice-chicken soup. Took a homemade baguette out of the freezer and just roasted a head of garlic to make garlic spread for the bread. We'll have the last of Vera's king cake for dessert. I feel like crawling into the soup pot to keep warm.

I'm making a pot of stuffed cabbage rolls to bring to my dad's house. My mom's on vacation and he's alone. For us, I'm making cabbage with peppers and kielbasa. and for dessert, I just bought a gallon of Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream- its delicious!

Yumm! Flourgirl, I haven't had home made cabbage rolls in so long. My Mom used to make them but somehow that was something I never picked up from her. And the kind you buy just aren't the same. On your way to your Dad's can you stop by with a couple? :LOL: Oh oh, me bad - Lefse you are rubbing off on me!

Not sure what supper will be tonight. I was going to try the pork chops I didn't do last night but my leg has swollen up once again (cortizone lasted almost a week) and I can't stand or walk much. Hmmmm, wondering if I can get DH to do Valentine's early and order in from our favourite Italian/Greek restaurant just down the street!

Last edited:
A little BLT with turkey on whole wheat for lunch

img_549282_0_0c50254ed8b2e2719c9241196f18fd26.jpg

And I just started a nice Beef Stew for tonight :p

there's a lot of chicken in the fridges; not sure how much of each cut but i think it's various bone in parts. i was thinking of doing some kind of arroz con pollo, or maybe a chicken and mushrooms thing (i bought a large container of dried mixed mushrooms from costco). there's also a lot of garlic, onions, and potatoes that need to be used.

getting the creative juices flowing...:bb:

I went to Urban Flats yesterday to talk to the manager about a photo shoot and was intrigued by their menu.. so tonight I have planned a couple of flatbread-done-at-home experiments... some Chorizo, and shrimp with caramelized onions on one and the other a pear, goat cheese and raw onion topping. I will be doing these indoors tonight since the temperature has dropped down into the high 40's. (cold for Atlanta)... I probably will shoot some pics of it all later and post them tomorrow... Oh, my Valentine bride will be blending an Arugula salad to go alongside of these store-bought flatbreads. I WAS going to make dough today and let it rest long enough to make flatbreads but I'm buying them tonight and staying inside where it's warm. Take a look at Urban Flats Menu and see the pretty neat things they have to offer... (btw.. I am NOT shilling for Urban Flats, their website is available online to anyone wanting to see it).

Dinner night with friends has switched back to Wednesdays; tonight, we're going to a Middle-Eastern restaurant. I'll probably get the salmon kebabs with basmati rice.

Well, I've got leftover beef short ribs from Monday and leftover pork and saurkraut from last night, so tonight should be interesting:rolleyes:

hmm

I don't know what I'm having. My girlfriend gave up meat and alcohol for lent, so my life is pretty much over.

Actually, I can still eat meat. However, cooking for a veggie is rather difficult.

I am making grilled ruebens and heating up some homemade chicken noodle soup. Leftover lemon tart for dessert.

menu been on hold

i was going to have salmon patties, rice and veg couple days ago. didn't get around to it. so will try again. last night foccaia bread i baked and wonton soup .

babe

I don't know what I'm having. My girlfriend gave up meat and alcohol for lent, so my life is pretty much over.

Actually, I can still eat meat. However, cooking for a veggie is rather difficult.

Actually, it can be quite easy and fun to cook meals that are both meat and meatless. Pasta is a great place to start! You can do a tomato sauce and add meat to half and veggies (mushrooms, etc) to the other half. Just make sure that your girlfriend has some type of protien as well. Or how about burgers? There are some really good veggie burgers out there, just remember to not cook them together so the meat fat gets into hers. The possibilities are actually endless!

I hope she is doing much better than me - I am struggling as I gave up sugar for lent and then have been baking ever since!

Back
Top Bottom