Dinner, Wed. Feb. 6 th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Here I am waiting for someone to start this thread, don't want to hog it everyday- I am making a sirloin tip roast, baked potatoes, roasted broccoli/cauliflower and garlic bread.

Last edited:
we're having my reheated roast leg of lamb, spuds, and veggies.

it's a good thing that i don't have to cook, 'cause dw just called and said our cockatoo got out of his cage and is destroying the basement. he won't allow her to pick him up and put him back in the cage. it's kinda tough to pick up a beast that has a 3 inch wire cutter for a face.

so i have to rush home before she goes to pick up our boy from school. then i have to clean up everything that he chewed, shredded, and tossed about. :(

grrrr, dem boids.

Since it's Chinese New Year today, I would have made Chinese hot pot. But since it's hockey night, I'm just going to reheat some gyoza.

Gong Xi Fa Cai, everyone!

My regular dinner night out with friends is going back to Wednesdays, so tonight we're going to a local Tex-Mex place. It's 79 degrees outside, so maybe we'll get outside seats. Unless a special catches my eye, I'm planning on getting chicken fajitas and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I am really itching to cook something but there's no point with no DH home. I think I'll just use up the last of this weeks bagels from the freezer and make bagel pizza for the kids. Boy when he gets back I'm cookin' like its Thanksgiving!

I recently purchased a bag of wonderful "Chicken Tamales", wrapped & cooked in corn husks & all, from our local CostCo. They're delicious!!

So I'll be steaming a few of them up for tonight's dinner. (I put them on a plate in my bamboo steamer inside my covered wok to heat them.)

Will serve with a Mexican rice mix & a big green salad.

As far as cooking when the DH isn't home, I agree with GotGarlic - the sky's the limit - LOL!!

Actually, since the DH doesn't eat red meat, I take those times when he won't be home for dinner to cook myself up a beef steak, or buffalo, or lamb, or goat, or pork dish - lol!!! We laughingly call them my "Meat Nights". Or - since he also doesn't like dark fish, if they're in season I'll make myself bluefish or mackerel (if I can find them in decent quality around here). Also shad roe, which he doesn't like either.

I really have a lot of fun cooking for myself when hubby won't be home for dinner.

I would love to! However my kids are a total waste of decent food, and too wild at dinner time for me to get into anything involved. I try it on them every once in awhile, but I always end up upset that I wasted the effort. Not that I dont love to use effort on them, its just better spent playing or coloring with them right now!!
Someday they'll love it. Some far, far away day.

I have had a pot of baked beans in the oven for hours. We'll have the beans, NYT bread and butter and cucumber salad. I still have enough cake for desert.

Chicken marsala, roasted broccoli, and either pasta or risotto with Swiss chard, lemon, and Parmesan cheese, a salad with goat cheese, grape tomatoes, cucumber, walnuts, red onion, and a Dijon/lemon vinaigrette and a Parmesan wafer garnish.

Ooops, I forgot today was Ash Wednesday :bash: but here is the finale

Pre-sear....the Tri-Tip is being "Finneyized" (reverse sear) at 250° indirect with no extra wood smoke.

It was seasoned with Dale's Sauce and my steak rub. The red potatoes have evoo, SnPnG plus some basil.

img_545567_0_630e003ab2f732e45afbe99827d375ff.jpg

Apres sear and the Tri-Tip is sitting at 125° internal and resting for another minute.

img_545567_1_99680b627c25bce3e7481b2076bcda8d.jpg

Served with steamed broccoli and a nice Merlot (well, almost nice!)

img_545567_2_9b68bb96b2035ee6cfe5afc199d9dba6.jpg

Wow AAB! That looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics! Aaahhh, yes, Ash Wednesday - I made homemade gnocci with a pink sauce - I surprised myself, very tasty!

Scallop salad

Warmed a little olive oil, sugar, lime juice, red chili, chives, and shallots for the dressing and tossed with green salad. Added panchetta and scallps on top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom