Dinner, Wed. July 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Beautiful low 70's today, cool breeze off the lake. Will be grilling bratwurst patties/swiss cheese on grilled rye bread. Corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and
onions. Ice cream w/caramel sauce for dessert.

I'm making my special greek shrimp and pasta dish. DH absolutely loves it. A few months ago, I made it for lunch for a friend and she wouldn't leave without the recipe.

Really all it consists of is: Mushrooms cooked in butter and/or olive oil with spices such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Than some Kalmata Olives, some juice of the olives and some lemon juice mixed into the pan. When that's all cooked - you throw in the shrimp. Of course in the mean time - you boil water and cook up some pasta. You mix it all together and throw in LOTS of feta cheese and woalla!!!!

salads of arrugula, mesculun, basil, tomatoes, cukes, and zucchini, all from mine and my neighbors' gardens. (i traded arrugula and mesculun lettuces for cukes and early tomatoes :) ), dressed in evoo and balsamic.

i need to start a post as to what to do with all of my arrugula.

then, i'm making chicken parm, sauce from scratch, with spaghetti.

meatloaf, made with all dexter beef, garlic mashed taters, bean salad, NY Times bread ewwhh, just rememered I wanted to make a custard pie, and may bring out the potato salad too, although it may be saved for tomorrow

Chicken fajitas with fresh peppers, onions, plum tomatoes; Spanish Rice; and of course got to have lots of homemade guacamole.

Legend - your pasta sounds great. Do you use wild mushrooms?

Yikes! My Omaha Steaks etc arrived yesterday - brats, steaks, kebobs, cheesecake etc, etc. I had to do a juggling act to get everything into the freezer -- plus I have shrimp, sirloin burgers, fillets, won tons/dumplings, salmon, chicken, red potatoes, fresh corn on the cob. You name it, it's in the fridge. Who wants to come over with a big fork :LOL: All I can think about right now is the cheesecake and my fresh strawberries. Get back to you later.

Last edited:
EcoGal said:
Legend - your pasta sounds great. Do you use wild mushrooms?

I usually use cut up portobello's. There's another kind I use sometimes too, but I can't remember now. My brain isn't working right now as far as mushroom names. However, I'm sure other mushrooms would be fine too.

We are having Persain. Cooked by an old Persain gentleman. GOOOOD food made with love. Can't wait.

Tonight we are celebrating my daughter's bday. She chose the menu.

Crab and herb cheese stuffed in endive
Shrimp cocktail

Bacon smashed potatoes
Marinated flank steak
Broccolini with lemon

NY cheesecake with fresh strawberries

Too bad it is so hot here. Not much in the mood for anything more than cold salad and melon.

My first attempt at cedar plank grilled salmon, with a Maple Ginger glaze;
mushroomed wild rice, broccoli of some sort, or grilled cauliflower maybe.

We're having re-runs tonight...seafood pasta with grilled salmon and sea scallops.
It's cooled off and the humidity is way down, so since we don't have to cook, I'm going to get outside and work on my plants. I have an enormous bromeliad that has to be divided, and it's gonna be a booger to get into.

Tonight it's pork chops, smothered in onion, garlic, tomato, celery, okra, bell pepper, jalopeno pepper, S&P, oregano, basil and white wine over basmati rice, with a nice cold beer. (sure been hot and muggy here):rolleyes:

tonight been snacking because certain components of dinner have been ready while we were waiting of the rest to finish.
been snacking on... roasted tofu, paratha's and a berry apple banana smoothie that we had. were waiting for corn on the cob on the grill, baked yams and for the fish eaters in the house, grilled salmon.
quite a varaity tonight!:chef:

Hey, texasgirl, isn't that Velveeta mac and cheese delish? Buck and I had it just a couple of days ago. And so easy, too. Did you use Velveeta in the potatoes, also? Sounds yummy. We're cheese lovers in this house. Everything is better with...cheese.:) Even if it is Velveeta. I think Velveeta has been much maligned. It's great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom