Dinner Wed. July 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are having homemade pasta with homemade pesto. Lots of chopped tomatoes for the top, grilled Italian sausage fried peppers, green salad and lots of warm grilled bread. There is zucchini bread or a bowl of mixed berries with whipped cream for dessert. What's on the table at your house?
kadesma;)

Tonight we are having tandoori shrimp.

I have been trying to get my tandoori marinade just right so we have been having tandoori chicken about every other week so I can get mine to be as good as my Indian neighbor's. A couple of weeks ago they brought over some tandoori shrimp cooked on the grill and they were excellent so I thought I'd give them a try.

Spent the morning canning green tomato pickles and I have some green tomatoes left, so we're going to have fried green tomatoes, yellow squash casserole and flounder almondine, iced tea. Caramel pie with whipped cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.

moussaka ... tonight I will stuff the eggplant skin with the meat and eggplant and top it with the sauce and cheese. yum! just using up garden goodies!

wow, everybody is so creative. i am just having left over pasta salad and toasted french roll and iced tea. berries and cream for dessert. i am really starting to like the idea of making a dish that lasts for several days. in summer i get tired of the same old meat, veg, and carb. lol

Going to make some of my famous (around this house anyway) meat sauce and split is four ways. We will have some with noodles for dinner tonight - regular farfale for me and gluten free penne regate for DH. I will boil two portions of spaghetti as well tonight and mix it with some sauce to take to the hospital tomorrow - a small one for Dad's dinner and a larger one for my sister to get a dinner and lunch out of. If there is any sauce left I will freeze it.

I think we will have a baby romaine salad with ours and more watermelon strawberry lemonade, if I get to the store for another watermelon. Yes, Kathleen I will post the recipe!

Consolation Mac’n'Cheese
dsc_00011.jpg

Plans changed. My leg went out on me :mad: so DH has banned me to the couch with laptop, TV remote and ice packs.

He said he is making dinner - his is ice cream ;) and I am not very hungry so will decide later.

Plans changed. My leg went out on me :mad: so DH has banned me to the couch with laptop, TV remote and ice packs.

He said he is making dinner - his is ice cream ;) and I am not very hungry so will decide later.
Good grief girl, what did you do to your leg? Please take it easy and get better.
cj

moussaka ... tonight I will stuff the eggplant skin with the meat and eggplant and top it with the sauce and cheese. yum! just using up garden goodies!

added fresh sauted kale as the green ... a purple and green plate...very pretty

We are at our son's so all of us went out to eat. We are having a great time, but the mountains really did me in. I wasn't sick, but was so dizzy I could barely walk - and very sleepy after that. I guess I'm not a mountain person.

Take care of that leg. I'm glad he banned you from the kitchen. Of course he probably did that so he would have first shot at the ice cream. :D

I ended up with a very late lunch, so I am having a late supper as well. So it looks like cheeseburger night again. James wants cheeseburgers this weekend (as most of you know, he is only home on weekends again), so it's a good thing I like cheeseburgers!

:)Barbara

Good grief girl, what did you do to your leg? Please take it easy and get better.
cj

Honest, Kades, I did nothing. It has been getting painful the last week and twice in the last two days (the second being this afternoon) it buckled on me and now I can't put much weight on it. But it is not swollen, red, hot or showing any other signs of damage or infection. I am really getting tired of this leg, titanium and all.

Take care of that leg. I'm glad he banned you from the kitchen. Of course he probably did that so he would have first shot at the ice cream. :D

:)Barbara

Nah, his idea of "ice cream" is some soy stuff that tries to pass itself off as the real thing - not my cup of tea at all :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom