Dinner, Wed. July 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Suspose to rain tomorrow, so having grilled burgers tonight with corn on the cob, cole slaw and sliced tomatoes/onions.
(fell asleep last night and missed my ice cream sandwich dipped in peanuts - bummer) !

Four months till Christmas !! - Yikes

Last edited:
Grilled salmon and corn. Grape tomatoes, cukes, and spinach fresh from the garden. Not sure what I'll do with the spinach.

Barb, you've shortened my shopping time by a month.:LOL:

Sicilian pizza with pepperoni, and pineapple rings in their own juice (as opposed to some OTHER pineapple ring's juice?) for dessert.

Coconut shrimp and lime rice with chunks of pineapple (unless I have time to find a mango), and stir-fried whole scallions/green onions on the side or over the rice. Vanilla ice cream & pineapple or mangos for dessert.

It's too hot to do alot of cooking so I think I'll just pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken and make potatoe pancakes and some other veggie.

same here Jeekinz...plus some baked beans from the fridge and whatever salad items are in there.

Pan fried tillapia, parsley potatoes, green salad. I don't know yet what we will have for dessert.

Went to a Vietnamese cuisine restaurant for the first time recently...

Tonight's fare is my first foray into the genre:
Mixed vegetables with Lemongrass
Grilled Lemongrass and Cilantro Beef
Fish Sauce!

I made miso soup tonight but it didn't turn out that great. Will try another recipe the next time. Too much wakame I think.

Have roast beef cooking. Will serve it on crusty rolls, provolone cheese, roasted red pepper spread or horseradish sauce both made by me (taking bow!) coleslaw, cheddar mac salad and assorted cookies from Boston's North End.

Tonight is the night all the kiddies come home for dinner.

Sushi Nite!

Tonights feature : Wild Caught Canadian Snow Crab

I made 2 variations.

The majority were just the Snow Crab, with a bit of wasabi for spice.

I made a small roll of "dessert snow crab"
2 tbsp. gourmet toasted sesame oil (bought in chinatown) on a skillet and added
1 tsp. chili pepper flakes (dry)
1 tsp. chili pepper flakes (jarred , from NYC),
1 tbsp. light soy
2 tsp. honey.
I mixed this with the crab and got a delightfully sweet crab roll out of it with a nice kick as well.

Plate was garnished with pickled ginger, and fine china miniature soy/wasabi dishes.

Last edited:
bbq chicken wraps with bacon ...
and some squash , peppers and whatever else i can dig up ..

lots of yard work today, and playing with our "backyardigans", so we had chinese takeout.

teryaki chicken on a stick, veggie chow ho fun, veggie chow mei fun, shrimp and broccoli with garlic sauce, kung pao chicken, veggie fried rice, and white rice.

Back
Top Bottom