Dinner Wed, July 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is DH's 34th b-day. :ohmy:
I think I will make him Jeekins cold pasta n peppers, (he's trying to lighten up) and a pineapple upside-down cake. (Not light, but oh well!)
How about you? :chef:

Doing a birthday celebration:

-Grilled oysters (in shell)
-Arugula salad w/ a cucumber-wasabi dressing
-Smoked lobster with basil mayo and a smoked pernod butter
-Chocolate fondue w/ grilled pineapples, pears and peaches

I need to think of a 5th course, but so far it's eluding me. I'm leaning towards grilling some summer squash, but some marinated asparagus crusted with parm might be the way to go.

That sounds lovely poppinfresh!! Have fun!
I am cooking lentil soup for my daughter and chicken & vegetable stir fry for my husband.
FOR SOUP:Red split lentils with onions, grated carrot, potato, parsley and cumin powder.
FOR CHICKEN: Chicken with Leeks, garlic, green beans, broccoli, and mixed fresh peppers. Going to serve it with rice.

Orange Chicken Bok Choy n Veggie Stir Fry.
Using a variation of a sauce recipe from a Phnom Phen restaurant
website...
Should be interesting!

Today is DH's 34th b-day. :ohmy:
I think I will make him Jeekins cold pasta n peppers, (he's trying to lighten up) and a pineapple upside-down cake. (Not light, but oh well!)
How about you? :chef:
Happy Birthday Mr. Suziquzie:)
Pineapple upside down cake, maybe use applesauce in place of the oil? Or as yicky as it sounds even prune puree?

Us for dinner, husband is a little under the weather. He's on his own for dinner tonight but there is always that fillet mignon in the fridge and cooked vegs and the rest of the noodles plus dessert, so he's set if in fact, he has the urge to eat.

we are going to a friends house for a cookout; dh, me and my cousin. The friends have a new grandchild in from DC, and other family members will be present to meet the little one. Friends are providing hamburgers on the grill and baked beans, I am taking cole slaw and fresh broccoli salad. Don't know what else will be served.

We are doing salmon on the grill glazed with mango preserves and thai chili sauce. Chilled lemon chive potato and green bean salad which is a new recipe I am working on.
Cin

Sure, it is an easy one.
1 1/2 lb potatoes(your choice, I like red) cubed
1/2 lb green beans snapped into bite size pieces
1/4C chopped onion
1/2 C Mayo Lite
1/4 C minced chives I have garlic chives in the garden so I use them
4 TBL lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in salted water 10-13 min till almost done and add beans cook 3 more min. Drain and cool a little. Whisk mayo and lemon add onion,chives and S&P toss with potatoes and beans and chill at least 4 hours or over night.
ENJOY, Cin

It's the usual crowd coming for dinner. The weather here is just crazy. Afternoon thunderstorms everyday for the past two weeks. I don't want to plan to grill soooo it's pork tenderloin, sliced potatoes cooked in gravy, coleslaw and baked apples. Cupcakes for dessert.

Decided to make applesauce instead of baked apples. Now why haven't I been making my own applesauce all this time. So easy.

We certainly haven't been having much of a summer, have we Elaine. Same weather where I'm at. Makes it tough to plan anything outside. Fortunately, my grill is undercover, so either grilled chicken thighs tonight or tacos. Tough call. The sell by date on the chicken is tomorrow, but the hamburger is thawed, too. That's what I get for not cooking supper last night. If I go with the chicken, I'll cook the burger nad seasoning and have tacos tomorrow.

We're having sausage and noodles. It's my daughter's birthday, and that's one of her favorite things, so last night, DH and I made 2 pans...one for her and her family, and one for us.

hamburgers on buns, potato salad, cucumber salad, baked beans, chocolate cake with homemade vanilla ice cream

Sure, it is an easy one.
1 1/2 lb potatoes(your choice, I like red) cubed
1/2 lb green beans snapped into bite size pieces
1/4C chopped onion
1/2 C Mayo Lite
1/4 C minced chives I have garlic chives in the garden so I use them
4 TBL lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in salted water 10-13 min till almost done and add beans cook 3 more min. Drain and cool a little. Whisk mayo and lemon add onion,chives and S&P toss with potatoes and beans and chill at least 4 hours or over night.
ENJOY, Cin

thanks sounds good, will make it soon.

babe:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom