Dinner, Wed. March 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made white beans and rice (just like red), with venison sausage and some spicy creole seasoning.

Mixed in a spoonful of yogurt at the end.

LEFSE, I think it's something called "texture vegetable protein." I've seen references to it in other recipes but, since I don't eat vegetarian, I haven't investigated exactly what it is.

Katie, you are correct. TVP is textured vegetable protein, and I have used both dehydrated and hydrated versions. The hydrated protien can have the a texture similar to hamburger and can be used as such. At camp we used a dry version which was seasonsed with Italian spices and added it to vegetables and/or rice to make a quick vegetarian dish. I prefered making my own dishes for my vegetarian crew, but there were times when we would have to resort to a "quick fix", such as a taco filling.

My lentil loaf, does not call for this. I unfortunately am not sure where to post the recipe, so if someone could let me know, I gladly post it.

OOps, sorry GotGarlic, I didn't see your reply when I posted. But I thought I would leave my comments up.

Last edited:
I have been wanting to make my beef wrap-ups for a while now, but I haven't been able to find refrigerated crescent rolls here in London so I decided to just use puffed pastry and it worked out well. I'll just have to do it that way until we move back to the States.

Back
Top Bottom