Dinner, Wed. March 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Barb, thanks for starting this today and even without a call from me:LOL::LOL:.
I'll be hanging out at the Big Eats and having Caesar Salad and a stuffed baked potato.
It's stuffed with ff cottage cheese and home made salsa. Plenty of water for me, the kidneys hurt, a lot.
Have a good day and enjoy Wednesday...

Well, I know I'm doing something with artichokes, since I bought two of them last night. I still need to figure out precisely what that "something" is going to be.

I don't have any proteins thawed out so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that. I've got some frozen veal scallopines that I could do a veal piccata with, although I'd need to go get more white wine and I'd like to avoid going to the store for any reason.

I need to get back to having small portions of stuff already divided and in the fridge/freezer, which I've slacked on recently.

I am still not able to get do much in the kitchen, so I think tonight is Chinese take-out from our local supermarket deli. It is actually pretty good.....not as good as mine, but a close second!:LOL:

Hey LP! It's from my Delia's Vegetarian cookbook, and it does have lentils! I have 3 different lentil loaf recipes I use...all a bit different. I would love to see your recipe!

T-Bone steak (=happy doggie)... I am going to attempt a simple red wine reduction sauce wish me luck... Romaine salad with roast beets & Russian Dressing... Baked peaches (bags of peaches on sale) & Ice Cream

I was thinking I would eat at a reception following a work function tonight, but it's only going to be light finger foods, so DH is mixing up some no-knead pizza dough. Will top and bake it when I get home; green salad on the side.

Leftover Chicken, Bok Choy and mushroom soup.
Gonna make some Asian Fish Cakes to go with it.

steak sandwhiches w/ cole slaw , swiss cheese, fries and tomatoes. Very yummy.

Hung out in Dr. offices all morning, not much time to think dinner.
PB&J for 2 kids, grilled cheese for one, a glass of brandy for me!

Flooding here after all the rains of the last couple of days, which resulted in water over the road. What I'd planned for tonight's meal is still in the grocery store...on the other side of the flooded road. As a result, I'm improvising and haven't gotten too inspired yet. I'm confident the freezer leftover "fairy" will provide or this might be a "popcorn" night.:LOL:

I made a pot roast in the crock,with carrots, peas, mashed potatoes gravy, rolls and microwaved chocolate pudding (the pudding turned out decent- suprise!)

Well, no chinese take-out from the deli afterall as DH was delayed at work and couldn't pick it up. so leftover roast chicken with homemade fries for him and the border, I had fries, cucumbers, tomatoes and a protein shake. At least I got some real food into me, though I was really looking forward to the veggie chop suey and chow mein (okay, it is westernized Chinese, but I still like it once in awhile!).

Didn't feel like cooking tonight so it was turkey burgers on "everything rolls", salad, and no-salt chips.

I made lasagna, sauted zucchini, salad and french bread with herbed evoo and balsamic... mmmmmm... now, it is time for chardonnay :-p

Hey LP! It's from my Delia's Vegetarian cookbook, and it does have lentils! I have 3 different lentil loaf recipes I use...all a bit different. I would love to see your recipe!
looking up a recipe for the loaf, I noticed many include the ingredient TVP.
what is that? totally vegan product.............typical vegetables please............turnips vidalias potatoes..............I give up

looking up a recipe for the loaf, I noticed many include the ingredient TVP.
what is that? totally vegan product.............typical vegetables please............turnips vidalias potatoes..............I give up

LEFSE, I think it's something called "texture vegetable protein." I've seen references to it in other recipes but, since I don't eat vegetarian, I haven't investigated exactly what it is.

Back
Top Bottom