Dinner Wed. Nov. 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Guess we will be having bean soup and chili dogs, hungry for doggies now after reading all the threads ! :) Cake for dessert. Change my mind---Grilled burers, French fries, and cole slaw !

Last edited:
I have some chicken leg quarters thawing so we'll have baked lemon and herb chicken, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and green beans with bacon and onion.

Hubby wants soup made with the last of the garden (some Swiss chard and various herbs). So I'm stewing bones right now (the remains of a chicken).

Nov. 1 Dinner

I'm preparing a roasted garlic and onion cream sauce with thyme. Then I'll add the last ear of summer corn, some vine-ripened chopped tomatoes and mix it all with rigatoni. For hubby, I'll add some grilled shrimp. I'll shave some parmessiano-reggiono over mine.

Dessert - very ripe peaches poached in champagne and served with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream.

Sound good?

Making haddock and some other sides for my hubby, and I'll just have a bunch of veggies. I'm in the mood for roasted potatoes topped with scallions and tomatoes, cheese.

Something with chicken. We've had beef and pork and then ground beef this week. Time for some chicken. Not sure yet what I will do. Kitchenelf's sort of marsala thing maybe, coq au vin maybe, or lemony. Ken are you reading this? Opinion please?

Sizz, your dinner sounds good!

I'm making bbq chicken casserole tonight. It's good, fast and easy! Alix, if you're interested, I'll post the recipe.

PA Baker said:
Will do as soon as I can get to the chicken forum--I'm having trouble moving from page to page today.:)

I think we all are. Andy is working on it though thank goodness. Thanks for the recipe!

We are having left over green chile chicken enchiladas. We've had that the last two nights and it gets better every night.

I've got some chicken breasts just out of the broiler and will coat them with a cranberry mustard mixed with some thyme,soy sauce,garlic and a little evoo, then coat with bread crumbs and then pop them back under the broiler to finish cooking, will have some white rice with and the sauce in the broiler pan will get some cran juice and a pat or two of butter and then poured over the rice. Have some chinese spinach ready to toss in a pan and steam a minute or so, then pour over some chopped garlic and some butter to the whole thing and salt and pepper..Cut up a contaloupe and made some dinner rolls..Dinners done..Dessert, me sitting down and not getting up til bed..It's been a Loooooong day. Two kids with unhappy tummies today..

kadesma:)

The planets must have alligned or something because I actually cooked tonight!

I had a small package of ground beef that simply begged to be cooked. I also had some marinara in the freezer. I made a small pot of meat sauce, cooked some rigatoni, and jacked a garlic bread from work:LOL:.

There was enough wine left from my daughter's birthday dinner on Sunday for a glass, which I enjoyed very much, thank you.

Whenever my son gets home from class, we'll have some cheesecake!

JoAnn L. said:
Boneless pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy. Sliced cucumbers. For dessert, butterscotch pudding.:rolleyes:

Butterscotch pudding??? I haven't had butterscotch pudding since grammar school...and I graduated from there in 1976! You realize of course, that now I want some. Have you got any left?

VeraBlue said:
Butterscotch pudding??? I haven't had butterscotch pudding since grammar school...and I graduated from there in 1976! You realize of course, that now I want some. Have you got any left?

I hate to admit it but my husband and I ate the whole 4 servings ourselves.:pig: :pig:

VeraBlue said:
Me neither - love it- why do we forget about the easy good stuff ??

Back
Top Bottom