Dinner, Wed. Sept. 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I will be making chicken fried steak w/onion gravy, mashed potatoes, corn casserole (Paula Deen's) and grilled garlic buns.

once again, ronjohn, you have class.

so i'm guessing it'll be a liquid dinner? :cool:

i finally got my mom's recipe for pot roast (posting it under the meats thread, although it's not much of a recipe), so i'll prepare that tonight to go into the crock pot tomorrow.

tonight's meal, however, is as yet undecided. dw bought shrimp cocktail at costco yesterday, and since there's another 2 shopping bags of tomatoes to cook down into sauce, i was thinking of snow crab legs in a light, fresh, basil tomato sauce.

I made a huge pot of veggie beef soup last night.
We'll have that and French bread.

I changed my mind last night and just had some cheese and sausage, and a large glass of Sangiovese, for supper, so today lunch will be sliced turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and stuffing with gravy, sweet potatoes, and corn, with a cornbread muffin, washed down with a Diet Sunkist, and, if I am still hungry, a lava cake for dessert. Supper will be a salad and a long stay at the gym to burn off the turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, corn, cornbread muffin, and lava cake.

Got a tenderloin of pork out of the freezer, rubbed it down with a new spice I got on Bainbrigde Island at the bulk center this weekend. "Island Lime Pepper Seasoning". Smells great. I'll hollow out the inside where I'll pipe in a mixture of blue cheese chunks and ricotta cheese and seal off the ends. It'll be baked with gala peeled apple slices over the top of it....making herb rice/barley for the starch and spinach and pearl onion puree. Watched PD today and if I get up the gumption, I'll do her molten lava individual cakes. If I try hard, I ought to be able to make just 4 instead of the 6 she did. Goodness knows I have bittersweet chocolate galore:wacko:

Taco soup, cornbread, relish tray. We've been having Nor'easter weather - rain all day so soup seemed very appropriate. We'll have peaches and gingersnaps for dessert later with our coffee.

I'm getting very hungry reading all of your posts! I'm about to cook my supper right now. I'm having a pork chop with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and baby peas.

:)Barbara

create a meal scheuchan chicken stir fry. You use your own chicken. The create a meal comes with the veggies and sauce. It's pretty good. Oh and Uncle Bens Rice.

Ended up making Spaghetti with tomato sauce and meatballs. The meatballs were made with beef, veal, and pork. DW sprinkled a little parmesean on top before popping them in the oven. Also, I cooked some bacon and used the drippings to sautee the onions and garlic for the sauce. It was super yummy. :chef:

Yesterday I had a taste for one of my parents' Czech recipes, usually reserved for chillier temps. But it was pleasantly early-fall cool last night, so I pressed on with my "Varnitchka" (spelled here phonetically). Basically, poached chicken in a dill-sour cream sauce. Served it with homemade Czech-Bohemian bread dumplings & plain buttered boiled carrots with broccoli. Real comfort food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom