Dinner, Wednesay, Oct. 24?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
We are using up the last batch of ribs from the freezor. I should probably do something different, but we love the bbq crock pot method. Sooo bbq ribs, augrautin potatoes (boxed) and carrots cooked in chicken broth, soy sauce and spices.

chicken lettuce wraps = hoisin sauce/teriyaki/soy/brown sugar/rice vinegar/chili oil
3 medley brown rice = barley/brown rice/vermicelli/butter/olive oil/broth/lemon/s&p
zukes/tomatoes sauteed in onion/garlic/s&p, wilted down pretty well then 4 cheese over top and baked
DH will have more of the Scottish Shortbread from last night

Lord help me a friend dropped of a small turkey so it's turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and rolls..finito:LOL: Dessert, picking up some ice cream and that is it.
kadesma;)

Hopefully the same as we should have had Last Night, without burning the rice this time!

Good luck LT! We've all had meals like that!:)

We're having baked pork chops and rice, baked acorn squash with just a dash of vanilla, cinnamon and butter, and fresh homemade apple sauce.

We are on fire watch - temp is high, a/c is running. I need me some comfort easy prep food. Cheese-stuffed ravioli chicken w spinach soup, apple/walnut/romaine salad. Pumpkin pie w whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.

ETA Woke up this am with a big orange glow through my drapes & shot out of bed. Trying to keep my mind on food/cooking, & this forum that gives me so much joy. Hopefully, there won't be any evacuations & I can concentrate on going about normal daily life & cooking.

Last edited:
We are on fire watch
will be thinking about you today, and try to be positive about the outcome, you'll be fine.
we're on same watch as you, it's not in our back yard yet, but in past years, it's been a roller coaster ride. we'll both look up, best of luck to you and yours..........:lucky:

will be thinking about you today, and try to be positive about the outcome, you'll be fine.
we're on same watch as you, it's not in our back yard yet, but in past years, it's been a roller coaster ride. we'll both look up, best of luck to you and yours..........:lucky:

Same here, lefse. Will be thinking of you as well. Thank you.

Good luck on the fire watch hope everything comes out well. We are keeping an eye on it here in London since we have some friends and family there.

Tonight I thought to do a Jamaican theme with jerk chicken; ackee with saute onion, tomato, thyme, and salt and pepper; rice and black beans and some green beans in case the ackee doesn't turn out. It's my first time cooking it and it is from a can so who knows. It looks interesting though.

Hope all goes well to those of you in the danger of the fires. I watch it on the news and can't even imagine.

Dinner tonight will be Chix Parm, Spag with alfredo, tossed salad and a veggie. Forgot to pick up bread...oh well. Frosted brownies for dessert.

thanks for the well wishes folks.
it's smokey here but all else is up in the air.
my husband sent me two pix of the fires and it's daunting.
we'll be fine, Amy and I will keep each other in our best thoughts.

Husband is still caught in the grip of Northern Virginia traffic (compounded by our more than welcome rainstorms), so I have a pot of Zatarain's "Jambalaya" rice mix, spiced up with some sliced "al fresco" brand "Mango Chipotle Pepper" chicken sausages & some sliced frozen okra. Will serve with a big green salad.

Turkey SKillet

1tbs olive oil
1 carrot chopped
2 onions chopped
1 piece celery chopped
1 lb cubed turkey meat
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine
4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon basil
salt and pepper to taste

Saute the veggies in the oil until they are nice and soft.
Add turkey.
Cook until no longer pink. Mix in the rest of the items and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve over rice or noodles.

So, I've made the turkey dinner... and it's really boring. Hardly any flavor.
Any ideas on how to spice it up before Paulie gets home??

( origanal recipe called for chicken)

i grilled some fajita marinated chicken thighs out in the rain last night, and dw made baked spuds and steamed stringbeans.

also, i took in another plastic shopping bag stuffed with tomatoes and peppers, so i made another coupla quarts of salsa.

i'm still perfecting the recipe, but so far my ingredients are:
5 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups diced onion
4 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, including seeds and pith, minced
1 cup minced cubanelle pepper
1 large lime, zest, juice, and some pulp
2 tbsps chopped cilantro, including minced stems

Last night I took Rachael Rays' idea for calzone rolls. Except I used chicken instead of salami. And since Billy can't have cheese I just used a jarred pizza sauce for his.
And with that was a salad.

Mmmmmmmmm good !

Back
Top Bottom