Dinner wednesday 1/3/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Last nights scallops turned out great, now tonight I'm giving some Chicken breasts stuffed with proscuitto,sage and provolone a run through to see what we think, are they a keeeper or yuk! I'm going to baste them with marsala,chix stock with some paprika to help the taste and get a nice rich color. I'm making just a simple white rice with stock and diced oniones, some buttered peas and mushrooms..Dessert, i have no idea yet:LOL:
What are you thinking of fixing?
kadesma;)

We are having tillapia, parsley potatoes and cole slaw - probably fruit for dessert. We are about tired of rich desserts. I'm making bread in the breadmaker. I stopped by the grocery just to get bread and got sidetracked by the specials and forgot it. I'm not sure the bmaker still works since I haven't used it in a while. The weather is very dreary here today so it smells great inside.

It's Church night for us so no cooking for me. Lasagna, Salad, and Garlic Bread I believe.

jake wants chili so probably chili & crusty bread. he baked cake yesterday so that'll be his dessert. although he was speaking to me earlier 'bout chocolate-chile cake.....

Just leftover grilled chicken, peas, broccoli and rice. DH has to work late so this is easy to reheat and get on the table fast.

hmmmm....mr. callie decided to go on a "serious" diet - though for a true blue cajun I"m not sure what that means :LOL: so we're watching the Sugar Bowl, cheering for LSU and I'm gonna fix buffalo burgers with all the fixin's. Geaux Tigers!!

I cooked a smoked turkey that has been in the freezer - made sandwiches. I have the carcass and appropriate ingredients in the stockpot now. I've been de-scumming FOREVER and there's still more! I have a feeling this may be an all-night process.

Elk chili that I supposed to make yesterday, but instead spent the time visiting with my parents. The recipe came from a cookbook that my mom gave me for Christmas, but I tweaked the recipe slightly to my tastes and it came out fantastic. This recipe is definitely a keeper. With the chili I just had plain sourdough bread with no butter.

A late entry here. We had prassorizo, leeks with rice. Seems odd I guess but was delicious. We haven't had it for a long time but after all the rich food of Christmas and New Year, it seemed like a good idea. We're also gearing up for the next big do here, Kings Day on 6 January, which is a bigger celebration here in Catalonia than Christmas.

Kim sliced some nice chops from a piece of boneless pork loin. I seasoned them with pepper only, topped them with sauteed mushrooms from the freezer, dipped a bunch of the caramelized onions from the leftover onion soup we had in the fridge and added those, then spooned a can of condensed cream of mushroom over the top and baked, covered, at 350 for about an hour. We opened a can of Italian green beans to go with...delish!

Well, since my husband & I spent New Year's Eve & New Year's Day with food poisoning from the fresh caviar we purchased, I didn't get to make our traditional New Year's "Cassoulet" until last night.

It came out absolutely delicious & we both enjoyed it. Lots of leftovers for my lunches & a repeat dinner for both of us.

BreezyCooking said:
Well, since my husband & I spent New Year's Eve & New Year's Day with food poisoning from the fresh caviar we purchased, I didn't get to make our traditional New Year's "Cassoulet" until last night.

It came out absolutely delicious & we both enjoyed it. Lots of leftovers for my lunches & a repeat dinner for both of us.

EWWWWW! THAT must have been a horrid way to ring in the New Year! Sorry to hear about that Breezy.

Thanks! It was a VERY romantic New Year's. He slept downstairs & I slept upstairs so we'd each have our own bathroom without any waiting - lol!!!!

That is almost as bad as the cruise my dd and sil took to celebrate his birthday. They missed Aruba completely because of food poisoning and get this: they were in quarantine and had their meals in the cabin for two days. That would make me plenty upset - food poisoning - their fault and I miss so much.:mad:

BreezyCooking said:
Thanks! It was a VERY romantic New Year's. He slept downstairs & I slept upstairs so we'd each have our own bathroom without any waiting - lol!!!!

Happy :censored: New Year! Smart thinking on the bathroom thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom