Dinner, Wednesday 10-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Pan roasted pork tenderloin, pilaf and peas. SO has to have peas with pilaf. I won't show you a photo of her plate as she likes to mix the peas into the pilaf.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_535b.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_535b.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 130
Nice looking plate Andy, and the pork looks perfectly cooked.

We had chicken fried rice with loads of vegetables, and glorified salads.

The last of the Chess Buttermilk Pie with whipped cream and raspberries will be for later.

Andy, I like rice and peas mixed, especially with some cheddar sauce. I like corn and mashed potatoes mixed, too. In both cases, the peas and corn are also easier to eat. ;)

I had leftover cider braised pork -- again. But, tonight. I added some finely sliced hot red pepper from the garden, and served it on some Gemelli pasta. Nice "heat and sweet" going on.

Four dinners from one pork shoulder. Not bad. But, I'm about ready to move on. :neutral:

CD

...I won't show you a photo of her plate as she likes to mix the peas into the pilaf.
At least your peas and rice are touching. ;) Nice "pink" on the pork.

...I like corn and mashed potatoes mixed, too...
Those two are a "must" when we have something with a BBQ sauce. I like it if they get a bit of the sauce on them, too, when I slide the peas into the taters.

We worked through some leftovers. I had a little bit of each, then Himself finished off the last of the pork chops with onions. I don't want leftovers again, so the last of the chicken breast might get added to the creamy-wild rice soup, and the roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts could end up in the beef-veggie soup.

We haven't had dessert for days and days. Ross will be so disappointed in us...

I think that was the last of the halibut my buddy gave me from his Alaskan fishing trip.:(

We haven't had dessert for days and days. Ross will be so disappointed in us...
No worries... I have had enough for both of us... ;)

We finished the chili with beans I made the day before..

The good thing about dinners for two is not much left over..
The bad thing about dinners for two is not much left over..
The later pertains to things like chili, stews, etc.. Things which are even better the next day or two...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom