Dinner Wednesday, 10/20/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm making a steak (strip steak); polenta al a boro formaggio (though w/ bleu rather than parmesan); & then cooking a few tomato slices, herbed; asparagus roasted w/ olive oil & seasalt, pepper, also garlic;
your dinners~

Wow, luvs, it must be just past midnight for you! You are really prepared for dinner!

Because it is only 9:39 pm Tuesday here, I haven't really thought much of Wednesday's dinner. I believe it will revolve around either pork chops or a prime rib roast.

I may change my mind a dozen times before then, but right now I am thinking battered fish fillets and some unhealthy form of potatoes (homemade fries, fried potatoes, or hashed browns). Spinach if we still have any.

:)Barbara

I got side tracked on Mon. when I was going to do my "sweet n sour sausage cabbage soup" so I'll be doing it today.
We had lots of rain and an unusual thunder and light show overnight, so today's even a better day for soup.

I'm feeling a little crappy today. May be a reaction to the flu shot I got Saturday.

If I hold up, country style ribs in a chipotle marinade. SO brought home a couple of squash. Looks like a Delicata and a Sweet Dumpling. I will bake the Delicata tonight to go with the ribs.

I found a recpie for Jalapeno Glazed Pork Madallions this morning. Baked Sweet Potato, Fried Granny Smith Apples and some veggie maybe. IF I back away from the computer to take the meat out of the freezer. HEHEHE

something quick - the guy is coming to check the heating system at 5 tonight:

One can each of the following, plus their juice:

red beans
pinto beans
black beans
RoTel tomatoes
stewed tomatoes (2 cans)
whole kernel corn

dump in pan, add 1 chopped sauteed onion and 1 package each dry taco seasoning mix and ranch style dressing mix.

Add cooked meat if you want. Makes a ton of soup.

this is last day to make a stir fry out of leftover chicken. must eat or freeze. maybe if i do the prep this afternoon, i will feel more like doing it at dinner time. we will see.

I may change my mind a dozen times before then, but right now I am thinking battered fish fillets and some unhealthy form of potatoes (homemade fries, fried potatoes, or hashed browns). Spinach if we still have any.

Abracadabra, I am now changing fish and chips into beefy nachos. :shock:

Tonight is grilled chicken quarters, a baked potato (split for the 2 of us), salad, lightly fried (in olive oil)mix of bean sprouts, onions, garlic and spaghetti squash.

I thought we were 10 years in the future for a few minutes there when I saw 10/20/20! (Title edited now)

We are having something ground beefy. I've been in restraint training all day, munchkin #2 has dance class ASAP, munchkin #1 is doing a major history project that is making her cranky, and Ken is MIA at the moment. I can whip something up and we can all eat on the fly if need be. Here's hoping we can all sit in together though!

something quick - the guy is coming to check the heating system at 5 tonight:

One can each of the following, plus their juice:

red beans
pinto beans
black beans
RoTel tomatoes
stewed tomatoes (2 cans)
whole kernel corn

dump in pan, add 1 chopped sauteed onion and 1 package each dry taco seasoning mix and ranch style dressing mix.

Add cooked meat if you want. Makes a ton of soup.

That sounds like a mighty good soup mudbug!!
The soup I mentioned is simmering away on the stove as we speak, and it sure smells good. By the way, it's nice to meet you, it seems so many are glad you are back, so hope you stick around. I've been loving it here. :)

I am pulling a "Barbara L".:LOL::LOL: I remembered I had portobello mushrooms that need to be cooked so I have a pot of Steak and Mushroom Soup simmering now. The pork can wait until tomorrow night.

I am pulling a "Barbara L".:LOL::LOL: I remembered I had portobello mushrooms that need to be cooked so I have a pot of Steak and Mushroom Soup simmering now. The pork can wait until tomorrow night.
:LOL:

The Steak and Mushroom Soup sounds great!

Pan fried smoked country ham steak, buttered steamed broccoli and pan fried red & Yukon potatoes, quartered mushroom caps & onions.

img_928779_0_139ee038c8fcb156e4551f2ebcf722cf.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom