"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6/10~

turkey burger?!~ & then, this cherry candy & that 4 dessert. a pop, too. yins dinners~

Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Good morning everyone,

msmofet's dinner last night is my inspiration for today. We're having burgers, and since I don't have any chili to top it with, we'll just have the usual fixings of sliced tomato, onion, and lettuce. On the side we'll have roasted sweet potato fries.

HAGD

Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

I am making chili with ground turkey, chili beans, serrano peppers, onions and more....
Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Master Chef

Nothing solid but choices are spinach tagliatelle alfredo & salad or ravioli & salad or pumpkin pancakes & maple whipped cream!! LOL
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Country style pork ribs, cooked with sauerkraut. I normally have this with mashed potatoes, but I might have leftover macaroni and cheese. Peas for the vegetable.

Barbara
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

I got some new cookbooks for my birthday, one for diabetics as I am cooking for my Dad. I am going to try something out of there, but still don't know what. The ideas in there are fantastic!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Country style pork ribs, cooked with sauerkraut. I normally have this with mashed potatoes, but I might have leftover macaroni and cheese. Peas for the vegetable.

Barbara
Country-style ribs are on the menu for us too. I am marinating them in a chipotle marinade and smoking them if it stops raining or baking them in the oven if it doesn't.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I got some new cookbooks for my birthday, one for diabetics as I am cooking for my Dad. I am going to try something out of there, but still don't know what. The ideas in there are fantastic!
I haven't wanted to invest in any diabetic cookbooks (well because they are expensive). Does the one you have included recipe for all meals or just like dinner or breakfast? If you like it I would be interested in buying a copy. Please let me know after you try some recipes if you think it is worth me spending the money for it. And I think I missed your Birthday .

Happy belated Birythday Sweetie!!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Finishing off the leftovers.

I'll keep a list of the fantastic foods we order from room service, eat in the restaurants or pick up on the streets, while on vacation.

Tomorrow, my honeymoon starts! (almost 26 years late)
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Talking Spoiled

My DH has informed me that he will be making me pizza tonight. Which he makes from scratch -- I have been requesting this for about two months. AND it will be a veggie pizza! Our anniversary is in a few days so I don't think he's up to anything.

I am very excited.

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Tolkien
SweetTeboho is offline   Reply With Quote