Dinner Wednesday 10th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to grill two burgers for the two of us and make two salads for the two of us for dinner tonight because there are only two of us here.

We are having a picnic before a concert in the park. I am in charge of drinks, so we are having lemonade in a jug, dinner is a surprise, at least for me.

The two small pork chops we made last night are for pork fried rice tonight. I rescued some of the london broil from Monday's grill night - it's going into a beef & veggie lo mein made with fresh udon noodles. With a bit of luck this will also be tomorrow night's dinner too.

I had some ground beef that needed to be used so I browned it up and made unstuffed cabbage casserole with mashed taters. It's just me right now though. DH is on a business trip until Wed. next week. The yungun is at work but will probably eat when he gets home.

Another beautiful day! We had originally planned to go out for dinner tonight, but it was so nice we decided to stay home and cook.

Grilled chicken with French herbs, golden beets and carrots, and a salad with fresh buttermilk dressing (still trying to use up the buttermilk from pancake day).

img_1281154_0_a45dbaa6108761811f20cd8f6a013125.jpg

We had a large salad (lettuce, celery, thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced celery, and scallions) with chopped chicken white meat (from a Costco rotisserie chicken). I made a quick salad dressing: mayo, sour cream, cider vinegar, tarragon vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and a "glug" of fish sauce. We had with a lovely Portuguese rosé, Casal Mendes. It was just the ticket in this hot weather. Oh yeah, I cooked up three strips of bacon so we could have bacon crumbles on the salad.

Another beautiful day! We had originally planned to go out for dinner tonight, but it was so nice we decided to stay home and cook.

Grilled chicken with French herbs, golden beets and carrots, and a salad with fresh buttermilk dressing (still trying to use up the buttermilk from pancake day).

Really nice photo! But the wine should be a lot more red.........

Last edited:
I plan to sous vide a hamburger and make some no mayo potato salad.

I cooked two burgers had one tonight and saved one for tomorrow night. The one that I ate was one of the best burgers I ever had. This thing is worth the money just for cooking burgers.

I did pass on the potato salad but had some farm fresh tomatoes.

Some folks prefer red; some prefer white.

I almost always drink according to the temperature. If it's hot, I tend to drink whites, rose, or even fruit wines. Or sometimes I drink beer. In the winter, I drink mostly red wine, and occasionally brandy.

Sometimes I drink both. We started with the white tonight with dinner, but ended up opening a red wine later on after it got dark and cooled down.

Some folks prefer red; some prefer white.

I almost always drink according to the temperature. If it's hot, I tend to drink whites, rose, or even fruit wines. Or sometimes I drink beer. In the winter, I drink mostly red wine, and occasionally brandy.

Sometimes I drink both. We started with the white tonight with dinner, but ended up opening a red wine later on after it got dark and cooled down.
Brandy with supper? Why not, my Scottish (ex) MIL once served us Scotch with supper. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom